United (A) Post Match Thread

Not had a chance to run through the thread but, having been to the game, there’s one thing I’ve got to credit the rags for. The walk towards the stadium and the area surrounding it is intimidating as fuck. They haven’t lost the old school feel in the surrounding area with the pubs and chippys on Matt Busby way.

Granted, it’s a side-product of their owners having zero interest in the redevelopment of the area (noticed a fair bit of wasteland and dereliction adjacent to the ground), but it’s a positive all the same.

I hate the walk in, I hate the walk out. Hasn’t changed in the 15 or so years since I first went to OT.

Loved the two hours inside though :-)
I haven’t been there in a while. Last time I went I got the supporters coach and had to get across the left to right moving scum fan traffic from the coach park. An absolute disgrace having away fans try and get the the stadium entrance by crossing the home support flow of fans......a fair few trying to kick you as you pass but I was wise to this and had worn boots so gave as good as I got. Then the police penning us in at the stadium entrance...like I said, disgrace and haven’t been since.

"Worse than the Liverpool game, they toyed around with us, this was a training session today"...

Our fantastic support supplied the soundtrack to their misery!

I fucking love this video. Our support was brilliant today, was shitting it before the game as losing at the swamp is the stuff of nightmares. They truly are the most plastic fan base I’ve ever seen, majority of them outside the swamp after the game were all laughing and taking pictures still.

I have and lots of others have too, we even have songs that do. Personally don’t care it only became something people care about in the last 20 years or so.
City or Manchester City to me.. or maybe the blues.

Will never be anything else.

It was. Late in 2006-07 under Pearce. Crap7 scored from the spot for them and Vassell took a late pen down the middle. The keeper dived but it hit his legs and our long wait for a home goal continued.
The clown Barton usually took them but he missed the previous week against Villa and didn't play against the rags. i think that might have been about the time the Ousmane Dabo incident occured.
Yeah I remember Barton skying that one against Villa, almost cleared the Platt Lane roof

Touchel, Guardiola or Klopp would have them pushing 3rd easily, probably 2nd.
I don't think this is a silly thought.

Look at Chelsea before and after Tuchel came in. I think that even though their squad is more balanced than United's, it's lesser on individual quality.

Had Solskjaer been sacked last December and Tuchel went there I think they'd be pretty similar to Chelsea now. Boring but very efficient.

Klopp and Guardiola would've taken more time to get going, but again they'd make it work in the long run far better than Solskjaer has done.

Not had a chance to run through the thread but, having been to the game, there’s one thing I’ve got to credit the rags for. The walk towards the stadium and the area surrounding it is intimidating as fuck. They haven’t lost the old school feel in the surrounding area with the pubs and chippys on Matt Busby way.

Granted, it’s a side-product of their owners having zero interest in the redevelopment of the area (noticed a fair bit of wasteland and dereliction adjacent to the ground), but it’s a positive all the same.

I hate the walk in, I hate the walk out. Hasn’t changed in the 15 or so years since I first went to OT.

Loved the two hours inside though :-)

Should have been there in the 60/70's it was a nightmare. Even as a kid trying to keep my head down and walk along Warwick road now Sir Matt Busby way to get the bus home. Loads of Wythenshawe rags knew me so I hoped I wasn't spotted. Mind you they knew I'd catch up with them later but it was nerve wracking at the time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.