United (A) | Post Match Thread

Take Rashford out of the picture and Ederson is not looking that way. In fact, Ederson or Akanji get to that well before Fernandez.
View attachment 66087
That photo begs the question, how the fuck fernandes reach the ball before akanji? Akanji is 2 yards from the ball as opposed to 8 for akanji.
The answer is because rashford influenced defenders reactions… but he wasnt interfering with play?

I still can't understand the refs take on it
After the linesman has flagged for offside the only conversation he's had with the linesman was did he touch the ball. Now we all know that you don't have to touch it to be offside. So the only way for the ref to know if he was interfering with any player was to go to the screen and look at the different angles
So for me this ref doesn't know the offside rules or he just ignored them
I think it’s something else … Not difficult to guess what ..

On the other hand maybe Pep's basic model is no longer workable. Hard to know yet really but most teams we play now seem to be easily able to frustrate us.
Alternatively a serious of difficult seasons culminating in last years epic battle with the dippers added to a crazy World Cup has left the players physically and mentally below par.

I don't beleive Pep's basic model is not workable but you have to adapt to how you apply it as team's adapt to you. And Pep has adapted his model at Bayern and more than once at City. We need the next evolution and that may require time.

I'm absolutley certain the players are a bit jaded after their exertions of the last few seasons. One reason why a refresh of peronnel may be required.

Take Rashford out of the picture and Ederson is not looking that way. In fact, Ederson or Akanji get to that well before Fernandez.
View attachment 66087
If rashford is out of the picture like in this pic Eddie would already have control of the ball (his starting pos was out of his area and he takes steps back to cover the angle iirc) and Fernandes wouldn't even have started running for it.

View attachment 66087
Quite damming really, Eddie clearly only has eyes for Saint Fishfinger and he or Akanji would have cleared the ball before the goofy **** got anywhere near it.

How can he come to that conclusion without going to the screen to watch a replay ? Surely if the lino flags he goes off that ? What was vars involvement ? If not checking the offside ? If that's the case just do away with linos as what's the point ?
It's annoying mate but you're missing the point. Have a look above at Lovebitesandeverything's reply to Dirty Harry above. page 229.

As the dust is settling I think we need to give the team a break. They have been at 100% for years inc pep. They are physically & mentally exhausted.

Mistakes are being made
Energy is down
Few new players needed.

Top 4 finish
Good Champs league run
Fa cup

All I ask for this season.

I agree with you on this.....when i read the rules and watch the goal and if Im reffing that game then I disallow the goal (without bias)...however the rules allow the ref to allow the goal which is what ive said previously.

The rules also allow the ref to disallow the goal and there is only one correct decision if you understand football nad how to interpret rules. The officals either disn't or are as bent as the conspiracy theorists would have you believe. either way it was a scandalous decision.

What will be interesting to see is if guidance on offside is amended immediately or in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.