United thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mat said:
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/315945.html
Thomas Vermaelen has reportedly agreed a deal in principle to join Manchester United this summer.
Arsenal are yet to accept a bid from their Premier League rivals for the defender or settle on a fee, according to the Daily Telegraph. However, it is claimed he has been offered a £30,000-a-week pay rise to move to Old Trafford and, with only one year left on his contract at the Emirates, wants his future settled quickly.

Wheres the mercenary tag?

Pay rise? so what is he earning currently?

sincity said:
mat said:
Thomas Vermaelen has reportedly agreed a deal in principle to join Manchester United this summer.
Arsenal are yet to accept a bid from their Premier League rivals for the defender or settle on a fee, according to the Daily Telegraph. However, it is claimed he has been offered a £30,000-a-week pay rise to move to Old Trafford and, with only one year left on his contract at the Emirates, wants his future settled quickly.

He's not interested in joing a successful club is he.

Rooney can only go to 2 or 3 clubs that can afford his salary: Chelsea, PSG and Real. I leave us out for abvious reasons.
Mourinho seemed to be very interested in Rooney, though at the time i couldn't resist thinking it was all mindgames with Chelsea playing the scum before the transfer deadline. Anyways, his name has hardly been mentioned after the window closed, has it.

Van Gaal is great making young players better and I'm sure the likes of Januzai, Rafael, Smalling, Wellbeck, yes maybe even Jones and Cleverly will be upgraded. He's also a great tactician. His problem is wherever he comes he will want to change ALL things his way (that will be difficult with the likes of Fergie hanging around), he has a poor record of his connection with big name players, and his style of play will need time to develop. And time is not what he will get. .

With a handfull of new players needing to adapt, I find it hard to believe United will be a thread next term. Appointing Moyes and letting him go after a mere 10 months is another clear signal of a big club in turmoil. However they still think they are such a massive club nothing can hurt them long term.

sincity said:
mat said:

Just over £70,000, so that's a £100,000+ then.

Matty said:
mac said:
Armaan said:
Anyone know what people abroad think of rooney? Do they rate him?
I live in Spain and I think he is a fat raggy pube head with a tendency to shag dried out clunge and who has an IQ of a retarted shrimp.

Apparently the Italian league, and their fans, really rate Rooney. Something to do with his workrate, strength and the fact he seems to have a decent game whenever United play Italian sides.

The Dutch footies over here rate him, but don't see him as the rags top player. More subjectively they say Van Persie is the best one, Rooney a decent 2nd and they rate De Gea and Januzai. The rest is very mediocre and they are desperate to see Van Gaal getting this "huge club" back on track, as stating the ragminded Dutch media.

dom said:
Lavinda Past said:
mac said:
I live in Spain and I think he is a fat raggy pube head with a tendency to shag dried out clunge and who has an IQ of a retarted shrimp.

That is an insult to retarded shrimps.

I honestly do not believe that 'Wazza' has the mental / cultural toolkit to play abroad..

Playing for Lille might just work if he could commute on the Eurostar from Kent everyday...

....otherwise .. no chance

That's before we even begin to unpack his form as a fat-prone , possibly over the hill, spoilt manipulative sh!t who cynically elbows players in the face and lies

I'm not sure that Rooney could handle a move to Kent let alone Lille. Him and Coleen probably couldn't handle anything much beyond Widnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.