United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best posts I’ve read on here for a while,
Sums up everything about how I feel about City and THEM.

This Saturday I’m out with the wife and her friends and there husbands both Scummers,
I never mention the football because can’t be arsed conversing with these 2 armchair gobshites , coz it always comes to 20 times yawn yawn yawn.
So usually just leave it alone, but after our loss to the Dippers the 1st texts where from these 2 trying to take the piss I didn’t bite
Just kept my powder dry for the future,
Well Saturday is the future,
So can see some falling out between me and the wife coz they are having it.
1st round on me bottles of Bluemoon with a slice of Seville orange in the top and its going cost 16 quid.

That’s just for starters.
We need a "like" button

This Saturday I’m out with the wife and her friends and there husbands both Scummers,
I never mention the football because can’t be arsed conversing with these 2 armchair gobshites , coz it always comes to 20 times yawn yawn yawn.
So usually just leave it alone, but after our loss to the Dippers the 1st texts where from these 2 trying to take the piss I didn’t bite
1st round on me bottles of Bluemoon with a slice of Seville orange in the top and its going cost 16 quid.

Get them a bottle of this.
6952b487bfd570b5a74a001b9955afa5.jpg

I'm not sure that's the f word he's referring too.
He meant Fergie. Doh! Was too early when I read it; )

I have a grudging respect towards owd whiskey conk if I'm being honest(zero respect for PEG). Quite a few blues have said the same. He's been one of the best ever managers in the game who always insisted on attacking exciting football. What made it worse is success was too close for comfort and those rags constantly reminded us what they had won.
Towards the end of Fergie's reign, I told every rag I spoke with to enjoy it while it lasts as their success would come to an end. I got the "the next manager will carry it on" bollocks. And then old Fergie retired on the strength of RvP's goals winning his last premiership.

We all know what's happened since and what is currently happening and united fans are worried, 3managers since Fergie and they have no managerial stability and are still regressing, or are we simply that far ahead?

All those years of hurt and misery at the hands of the rags constant success to our perrenial failure are forever etched into mind, but the older I get that hurt is dissipating nicely and the memories of watching some of our darkest displays are fading.

The shoe is on the other foot now (as they say), and it seems like i've shed ill fitting clogs with irritating stones in, to a nice comfy pair of shoes.
Size 16 is getting to be a bit embarrassing though; )

Last edited:
What you in about repeated use of the f-word? I mentioned "fuckin" once pal. Hardly worth ringing Mary Whitehouse about is it.
Think about it - why would a blue that lived in Salford during the 60s and 70s cringe by use of the word fuck(ing)?

Thank you sir. Have a great evening giving it the rags blue.

While the result of the derby (whatever it is) will have little say in the destination of the premiership title, if we play how we can against them at a top top level and we beat them convincingly after another Jose masterclass in parking the bus, it will probably start real trouble over at the swamp....the fans will struggle but I think PEGS ego will struggle more to see his side well and truly beaten not just in a game but in the whole premiership race.

I can see the derby turning nasty if we are winning by a couple of goals; both on the pitch and in the dug outs. PEG and some of their players will not be able to handle it either in the moment or the aftermath......

While the result of the derby (whatever it is) will have little say in the destination of the premiership title, if we play how we can against them at a top top level and we beat them convincingly after another Jose masterclass in parking the bus, it will probably start real trouble over at the swamp....the fans will struggle but I think PEGS ego will struggle more to see his side well and truly beaten not just in a game but in the whole premiership race.

I can see the derby turning nasty if we are winning by a couple of goals; both on the pitch and in the dug outs. PEG and some of their players will not be able to handle it either in the moment or the aftermath......
they'll find any excuse to start a conflict and get us in trouble to give themselves a leg up for the following season. We have to be on our best behaviour like the 50th anniversary game. Faultless.

they'll find any excuse to start a conflict and get us in trouble to give themselves a leg up for the following season. We have to be on our best behaviour like the 50th anniversary game. Faultless.

the fans aren't the issue here i don't think...

ica n see it really kicking off in the dug outs and on the pitch.....i will expect some nasty challenges going in if we start to win condignly...and even before.......PEG will go out to spoil using every dirty trick he knows......it will start before game with various barbed comments int he media and accusations

the fans aren't the issue here i don't think...

ica n see it really kicking off in the dug outs and on the pitch.....i will expect some nasty challenges going in if we start to win condignly...and even before.......PEG will go out to spoil using every dirty trick he knows......it will start before game with various barbed comments int he media and accusations

of course, won't take much to convince Smalling or Jones to break De Bruyne's leg with the WC and next season in mind. Likewise Fellaini and Lukaku on Sterling, Stones or Walker. Rags will play dirty but any kind of misdemeanor by us will see the whole club lambasted and punished.

Perversely, I would love to see them try and get away with appointing Taylor for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.