United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the rags had this banner at old trafford counting the years since City last won the league. Does anybody know if there is similar banner counting the years since Liverpool last won the league ? There must be if Liverpool are the rags biggest rivals?

Another example of the hypocrisy which runs through everything Rag .

I'm having trouble at the moment because the points he made are correct, but I find Mouriho one of the most detestable of individuals.

I think it better to get the best of both worlds and hate everything connected with the rancid excuse for a football club, thus appeasing my conscience totally.

So the rags had this banner at old trafford counting the years since City last won the league. Does anybody know if there is similar banner counting the years since Liverpool last won the league ? There must be if Liverpool are the rags biggest rivals?
The banner counted the last time City won a cup (League Cup in 76) not the last time we had won the title (68)

got no time for him,or his club ,but i am going to weaken here,i dont think the man is very well and i would not wish that on anyone ,i hope i am wrong

The more I read Mourinho’s rant

The more I think he is right.

1. Fans have an unjustified sense of entitlement
2. Most of the players are crap.
3. If they don’t spend, a lot, soon, City will disappear in the distance as they invest.

Can ‘t find fault in that.

Said it before, many times. Money doesn't solve their problem. The football knowledge/understanding/decision-making vacuum that was created when that drunken Scottish autocrat-cum-egomaniac left is the problem. He controlled all that was football there. Its in his book as a management tenet. He said it at Harvard Business School. "Complete Control." He demanded it, got it, and left with it . . . and the Glazers -- who know shit from shinola about football -- were only happy to give it to him.

What's left? A "brand." The fans. A marketing department. Gobs of money. It should come as exactly zero surprise that since they haven't filled that vacuum that they are floundering. Who's making the football decisions there? Who's the D0F? What's the plan for their academy? What's their strategy for spending over 2-5 years? It's all a muddle. So they're throwing what they have at the problem: money.

They can't be successful again precisely until they "invest." That means a commitment probably in a bunch of young, hungry, less expensive players, with a manager who has patience, skill and who they give a lot of rope to. What's important is that they give all of them TIME.

The thing is . . . with time comes failure, probably a few years out of the top four. And they aren't willing to do that. They aren't willing to break themselves down to near zero and build Busby/Ferguson 3.0. Maybe they think they can't financially, though their finances are okay by my read. So they spend. They throw money. And they fail. Because they aren't solving the problem.

Until they start over, they're fucked. Good. It is glorious.

Think some people miss the point with the rags.

They purchase players that have to ‘pay for themselves’. No young names making their way. The only reason Rashford got in the team is because they had no one else. So bring in Pogbad, Alexis, sell lots of shirts around the world that will help to pay his wages. Why do you need a youth team when you can buy ready made players, just a waste of money. Hence the reason there is no women’s team, no money in it. It will be the same next year, they will splurge gazillions on ‘top’ names in the hope they will fit in. Then they will keep paying out year after year trying to stay valid.

In the mean time we will build a team that will last, look at our ‘new’ players. All young that will be with us for years. The rags have had their day. We see it already with the viewing public wanting to see more of us and that will only increase.

Said it before, many times. Money doesn't solve their problem. The football knowledge/understanding/decision-making vacuum that was created when that drunken Scottish autocrat-cum-egomaniac left is the problem. He controlled all that was football there. Its in his book as a management tenet. He said it at Harvard Business School. "Complete Control." He demanded it, got it, and left with it . . . and the Glazers -- who know shit from shinola about football -- were only happy to give it to him.

What's left? A "brand." The fans. A marketing department. Gobs of money. It should come as exactly zero surprise that since they haven't filled that vacuum that they are floundering. Who's making the football decisions there? Who's the D0F? What's the plan for their academy? What's their strategy for spending over 2-5 years? It's all a muddle. So they're throwing what they have at the problem: money.

They can't be successful again precisely until they "invest." That means a commitment probably in a bunch of young, hungry, less expensive players, with a manager who has patience, skill and who they give a lot of rope to. What's important is that they give all of them TIME.

The thing is . . . with time comes failure, probably a few years out of the top four. And they aren't willing to do that. They aren't willing to break themselves down to near zero and build Busby/Ferguson 3.0. Maybe they think they can't financially, though their finances are okay by my read. So they spend. They throw money. And they fail. Because they aren't solving the problem.

Until they start over, they're fucked. Good. It is glorious.
Good post fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.