United thread 2017/18

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by mat, 19 Jun 2017.

1. They kept mentioning money and how it should be spent on the first team, you have to laugh at their win at all costs mentality is a sporting club all about getting as much participation involved whether it's 1st team, under 9s or women's football? Not when you are mid table in debt and looking up at the rest of the top teams in the league leaving them for dust.

2. hertsblue

hertsblue

This was in the report, we all know they paid more than the 89 million reported but add these on top now also:

United also agreed to pay Juventus 5m euros (£4.5m) in performance-related bonuses plus other costs, including 5m euros if Pogba signs a new contract.

3. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

For the sake of argument, let's say the Ronaldo transfer does go through - if they draw a Spanish team in Europe, won't he be arrested on the tarmac? As I understand it, he's not challenging or appealing the charge, he just doesn't want to pay it!

Edit - just heard on the news that he is due in court at the end of next month

4. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Recently became a man of leisure.
    Draw a Spanish team in the CL....yeah right ;)

Cyprus, Portugal and Scotland is more likely to be their group.

5. Blue Llama

Blue Llama

6. pirate

pirate

7. foggy1974

foggy1974

production operative
    I can just imagine Gill is in contact with the Spanish tax authorities to get these charges for Peg dropped, funny how Scum get off scot free for Pogba but Juve are charged.

8. Ghandi's Flip Flops

Ghandi's Flip Flops

9. 1.618034

Can you get a bus into a courtroom?

10. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

My favourite bit: