United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't find anything about this on the BBC website. Is Mr Stone on holiday today or is he googling "polish a turd" ?

Tweet from Infamous Diner in the City Centre:

CITEH take on Leicester on Saturday, 5:30PM
Pre-match burgers & shakes are never a bad idea Pre-booking advised: infamousdiner.co.uk #Infamousdiner #manchester #nq #gameday #weekendvibes #eatmcr #mcruk

Boycott this place.

Not really, established stadiums have very low value in naming rights. No one calls them by the new name and you get so much hate for doing it that it's value is pretty negligible. New stadiums or ones like ours without an established name are far more valuable as it becomes the actual name. Just look at the farce up at Newcastle

Generally speaking, I'd agree. But Old Trafford might be a special case, not least the news coverage. It'd go down like a cup of cold sick though, which is why they've not done it yet.

Tweet from Infamous Diner in the City Centre:

CITEH take on Leicester on Saturday, 5:30PM
Pre-match burgers & shakes are never a bad idea Pre-booking advised: infamousdiner.co.uk #Infamousdiner #manchester #nq #gameday #weekendvibes #eatmcr #mcruk

Boycott this place.
Boycott,I’d torch the fucking place ...

Just a guess but I’m thinking the taxes paid to US (due to being listed in the US market) were used as a way to reduce operating income in the UK. Once the tax liability in the US was reduced the income increased for purposes of UK taxes due. And probably at a higher tax rate.

But like I said, just a guess. I really have no idea how entities with foreign ownership are taxed in the UK.

How surprising that he BBC has been remarkably quiet about this story. It's been sidelined to the gossip column. Maybe they haven't made a loss and it's just tittle tattle?

Just a guess but I’m thinking the taxes paid to US (due to being listed in the US market) were used as a way to reduce operating income in the UK. Once the tax liability in the US was reduced the income increased for purposes of UK taxes due. And probably at a higher tax rate.

But like I said, just a guess. I really have no idea how entities with foreign ownership are taxed in the UK.
I think it's related to "double taxation" policy, apparently there is tax relief available in the UK if tax is paid in the US - subject to HMRC's conditions. Details here if anyone fancies untangling them.

https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/double-taxation-relief/dt19853a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.