United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these sad needy pricks on social media and phoning in radio phone ins to tell everybody that THEY did they did the treble first etc remind me of the old drunk in the pub with his yellow teeth and comb over telling all the young lads that he used to be somebody. ….

NO BODY CARES!!!

you have to be 30 years old to actually remember there treble. The kids arent arsed

the man was one of the best managers ever
Not for me. Other managers have achieved a lot on a limited budget. They have managed with low crowds and no muscle in the transfer market, no Hollywood-style headlines at anything they did, no bias from refs and officials and absolutely no friends in high places.
The pisscan had more money at his disposal when he went to the swamp than any other manager in the clubs' history, and he routinely failed at everything he did - despite spending record-breaking amounts. An extremely flukey goal from Mark Robins saved him his job because by then even the fans had turned on him...big time.
Then, with almost uncanny timing, Rupert Murdoch and his Sly company ploughed even more money into the club leaving the rags as the only club that could literally outspend any other in their pursuit of glory.

Pisscan just happened top be the manager of the rags at the time the Premier league began. Not only was he given free rein in the transfer market, his bullying, foul-mouthed intimidation of match officials meant he got more injury time than any other club when he needed it. Essentially, that club under his dictatorial leadership, were permitted to do precisely what they wanted in the early years of the Prem, with no interference from the sports' governing body whatsoever.

His style of football was not innovative, like Pep's. The pisscan liked speedy wingers and crosses into the box. That's it. They were -and still are- a team playing a brand of football that was considered 'stale and old fashioned' in the 80's.

Money (lots of it), underhanded dealings in the transfer market, insisting his players only signed management deals with his own son's agency, bullying and intimidating any and all officials who wouldn't kneel before him.

But worse than that, he routinely insulted the club I have loved all my life with his childish and vindictive comments.

Jelly and ice cream indeed.

All these sad needy pricks on social media and phoning in radio phone ins to tell everybody that THEY did they did the treble first etc remind me of the old drunk in the pub with his yellow teeth and comb over telling all the young lads that he used to be somebody. ….

NO BODY CARES!!!

you have to be 30 years old to actually remember there treble. The kids arent arsed
Paul Whitehouse character in The Fast Show:

Hardest game in the world 50 years man & boy……..

Not for me. Other managers have achieved a lot on a limited budget. They have managed with low crowds and no muscle in the transfer market, no Hollywood-style headlines at anything they did, no bias from refs and officials and absolutely no friends in high places.
The pisscan had more money at his disposal when he went to the swamp than any other manager in the clubs' history, and he routinely failed at everything he did - despite spending record-breaking amounts. An extremely flukey goal from Mark Robins saved him his job because by then even the fans had turned on him...big time.
Then, with almost uncanny timing, Rupert Murdoch and his Sly company ploughed even more money into the club leaving the rags as the only club that could literally outspend any other in their pursuit of glory.

Pisscan just happened top be the manager of the rags at the time the Premier league began. Not only was he given free rein in the transfer market, his bullying, foul-mouthed intimidation of match officials meant he got more injury time than any other club when he needed it. Essentially, that club under his dictatorial leadership, were permitted to do precisely what they wanted in the early years of the Prem, with no interference from the sports' governing body whatsoever.

His style of football was not innovative, like Pep's. The pisscan liked speedy wingers and crosses into the box. That's it. They were -and still are- a team playing a brand of football that was considered 'stale and old fashioned' in the 80's.

Money (lots of it), underhanded dealings in the transfer market, insisting his players only signed management deals with his own son's agency, bullying and intimidating any and all officials who wouldn't kneel before him.

But worse than that, he routinely insulted the club I have loved all my life with his childish and vindictive comments.

Jelly and ice cream indeed.
Beautiful and accurate recollection.

I get it all the time.
When pushed..and with an audience...i generally verbally destroy them.

One of my fav is a spurs fan,gobbing off about his silly team..
I said loudly, do you remember when spurs got relegated ?

Reply..No ,I'm too young to remember that mate .

I then said.. but you,he heard of Steve Perryman, Tottenhams record appearance holder ?
Reply..course I've heard of Steve Perryman !!
And
" Well he was your captain when you went down.."
Absolute silence from spud,bursts of laughter from others
Job done.
Yep, same season we threw away the league and finished second, a point behind the Dippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.