United Thread - 2023/24

Newcastle might be slightly better this coming season, but from what I saw first hand from them was shocking. Running the clock down, playing for throw ins, then taking it from the wrong place, having to be moved back. 30 seconds for the goalie to take a kick. Getting the physio onto the pitch 17 times. You could go for a piss, buy a hot dog and the ball would still be out of play when you came back to your seat. Then in the last 5 minutes of the game they would throw all the big lads upfront and have Trippier launching balls into the box. They are the Atletico Madrid of England.
I wonder if Arteta will get called out for his traditional team-talk injury halfway through each half.

I just love it - rinse and repeat every year for the last decade.
They really are morphing into Dipperlite.
Season ends, a lot of money spent on incoming transfers. Hype machine in full flow, we are going to do this and that
Sshhh don’t say it, corner turned.
Best this, best that, VAR, Pigmol then …….

Lose to Forest, Burnley and get twatted royally by us and the Dips. Green and Gold and zebra pants.

Rinse and repeat - fucking hate the entitled wankers.
I'm now really hoping we get to see green and gold zebra pants this season.

Legally speaking, what grounds have they got to cancel his contract of employment? He wasn't charged with anything. If he says he wants to stay, and not be moved on. What can they do about it? Just carry on paying him 80 grand a week to sit at home for 4 years? Are they even allowed to do that? Because he could actually bring them to a tribunal for ruining his career. He's not injured, he's not been charged of anything. You can't stop someone for coming into work, because other people might have a go at him. Because away fans will boo him.

The only resolution to this is for him, his missus and the baby is to come out and tell the story in full. Then let the public decide. Because this is going to be a case of trial by the public. So they will have to face the music at some point.
Are you saying utd have no choice but to play him?

I am saying he won't play for them again. In fact he won't play again in the top flight. He can go to the club, train, get paid etc... but he will not play for them again.

Newcastle might be slightly better this coming season, but from what I saw first hand from them was shocking. Running the clock down, playing for throw ins, then taking it from the wrong place, having to be moved back. 30 seconds for the goalie to take a kick. Getting the physio onto the pitch 17 times. You could go for a piss, buy a hot dog and the ball would still be out of play when you came back to your seat. Then in the last 5 minutes of the game they would throw all the big lads upfront and have Trippier launching balls into the box. They are the Atletico Madrid of England.
Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, rags and Villa all did the same anytime they were winning (so rarely in Chelsea's case). As much as I hate the dippers they didn't tbf.

There will almost certainly be a clause in his contract about bringing the club into disrepute with his actions, and there is enough evidence that he has done that. But it would almost certainly result in a legal battle. As far as I'm aware though, a club is always free to release a player as long as they pay their contract off. And then he'd be free to sign for anyone who'd have him.

Can an employer fire someone, based on how they treat their missus? Using evidence that the g/f said was stolen?

And taking into account that they are engaged to be married and she just had his baby?

All they've really got to throw the book at him with, is the public's reaction.

By that same reasoning, the public could take umbrage to just about anything that anyone does, but can a club terminate their contract because people are going to boo him or say bad stuff online.

There's no way they will play him. Absolutely no way!

Think you’re going to be getting a bit of surprise….

They’re actively discussing with sponsors whether they’re ok with him coming back and have turned down offers to take him on loan - the club and management want him back desperately, even to the level of ignoring the concerns of their women’s team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.