United Thread - 2023/24

Get used to it, this is going ahead. Ticks all the boxes, top Tory in charge (Coe), top Tory donor with previous in getting this government to pay for his investment (£600m plastics factory in the EU), opportunity for lots of developers to make lots of money at the public expense. ‘A total of 5,000 new homes, the majority said to be apartments, are also referenced. The document states the area 'can accommodate a large number of tall buildings ,ranging from six storeys to 30 storeys'.’ Note ’apartments’ no mention of social housing so lots of money to be trousered by the Tory donors. It will sail through Parliament, lots of Tory Ministers and MPs will be looking for new jobs soon and everyone else with any clout will be offered a ‘bribe’ sorry ‘incentive’ to pass it through. Burnham and some in the Labour Party (good proportion of rags anyway) will hold this up as a flagship investment as to what a Labour council can do. Lots of ‘transform‘ and ‘regenerate’ buzz words.

Scruffy Jim is not stupid his £1.2bn will be a good investment as he, and the Glazers, will make a small fortune out of it; paid for by you and I.

This will happen.

Ref the highlighted bit above - I took my wife to the ABBA voyage show a few weeks ago. We stayed in Stratford about a 5 minute walk from what was the Olympic park / Olympic stadium. Stratford certainly doesn’t look like it has benefited much from being the centre of the Olympics not when compared to the impact our owner has had in Manchester
How was the show?

Sounds like they’re going to knock old toilet down and build new. The question then is where will they play?

One definite answer from our owners should be ‘fuck off you horrible bastards’ if they ask to use our ground.

I disagree
we should offer them our stadium at 30 million a game plus all the matchday stadium income.
that's about 750 million a season
I could live with that

Mansour and khaldoon with their business heads on would definitely listen to any approach from chemical Jim and Co. I personally wouldn't like it, but the thought of scum paying for our future players and/Or money going into the stadium expansion, does have a certain appeal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.