United Thread - 2023/24

@danielwood5
You've taken your Blue specs off and said that it's right that Burnham should, as the GM Mayor be pushing for Government money. Please can you point to where he has asked Central government for money in and around Eastlands ? Manchester City Council and MCFC have had to do it all.
Aside from the swamp, that area is already a great place to live. Terraced houses go for 250k, apartments go for 160k.
It is just a money making exercise for already rich people, some of whom are corrupt, some disingenuous.
I suggest you take your political glasses off its clouding your judgement.
I guess what I mean is, I don't understand why you're unhappy with Burnham trying to bring money into the region, which would create jobs for Mancunians, but don't seem to be unhappy with the people who would actually be providing this hypothetical money which would be coming from either the Chancellor, Minister for Sport or possibly the Minister for Levelling up.
Surely your anger should be aimed at the people who would be actually handing out this money to billionaires, which would be the government, rather than the people accepting it on behalf of the region?

Never understood the 3 red shirted reams obsession with creating a serious rivalry with anyone going for the league
Yeah for that season you are competing against each other, but you're not fierce enemie, if said "rival" was fighting for top 10 the year after you wouldn't care, be too busy starting a new rivarly with whoever was top

Fucking weirdos if you ask me

I don't really care if Pep and Klopp get on as long at from the frist to final whstle Peep and the boys do all they can to beat the other

And the rags are the worst for it, Nevilles taking shite as per

Never understood the 3 red shirted reams obsession with creating a serious rivalry with anyone going for the league
Yeah for that season you are competing against each other, but you're not fierce enemie, if said "rival" was fighting for top 10 the year after you wouldn't care, be too busy starting a new rivarly with whoever was top

I don't really care if Pep and Klopp get on as long at from the frist to final whstle Peep and tge bots do all they can to beat the other

And the rags are the worst for it, Nevilles taking ahite as per

Wasn’t much of a rivalry when United hoovered up most of the trophies compared to Arsenal. Bit like City and Liverpool now however neither of the rags or Arsenal could break the 90 points mark to win the league. If Arsenal want to win the league this season they will have to break 90 points, shows how much City have raised the bar.

I don't really care if Pep and Klopp get on as long at from the frist to final whstle Peep and the boys do all they can to beat the other

Suppose it's right but not in the way he thinks, I don't give a shit really about the dips, they'll be back in the pack next season.

My rivalry and hatred list has the same team on top that it's had for the last 56+ years of my life from when I started school, if not before.

What a desperate little twat gargoyle one is.

I guess what I mean is, I don't understand why you're unhappy with Burnham trying to bring money into the region, which would create jobs for Mancunians, but don't seem to be unhappy with the people who would actually be providing this hypothetical money which would be coming from either the Chancellor, Minister for Sport or possibly the Minister for Levelling up.
Surely your anger should be aimed at the people who would be actually handing out this money to billionaires, which would be the government, rather than the people accepting it on behalf of the region?
If Burnham was consistent and asked for money for Irlam, Oldham, Bury, I would not have a problem. I repeat, the area around the swamp is a great place to live. What I object to is the circus that has been formed. Let the rags fund their own stadium and let private business build the houses.
No national government should be giving money to billionaires but as the national government haven't said they will, how can I be angry at them ?

What a tosser he is. Not able to cope with the demise of his team, he now wants to create some relevance and a medal for being 1st place on the "our rivalry was better 20 years ago" podium. Absolute toolbag.

Shows the stark difference between the two clubs, scruffy Jim comes in with his billions but has to start forming committees and reaching out to the local authorities to get this done. Meanwhile in Eastlands our owners plough on bringing private investment to the table in Silverlake to build the biggest arena in the country. Add to that a new hotel in the extended North stand, not to mention the redevelopment of property in Ancoats and building a college. No public money needed but you get the likes of the Guardian doing hit pieces on it.
And part funded the fitness and swimming centre opposite the college.

Wasn’t much of a rivalry when United hoovered up most of the trophies compared to Arsenal. Bit like City and Liverpool now however neither of the rags or Arsenal could break the 90 points mark to win the league. If Arsenal want to win the league this season they will have to break 90 points, shows how much City have raised the bar.
The tarquins became more concerned with avoiding defeat than winning during their 'invincibles' season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.