United Utilties

Chrisja1000

I've just had a letter through saying there is a leak on the common water supply that goes under your property and all work carried out you would have to cover the costs!! WTF!

There are 14 houses on the street, they have received the same letter, how can I be held responsable for victorain lead, leaking pipes!!

Has anyone suffered anything similar?

Lol, I really feel for you. I hate when companies do this. "Yes, we do want to supply you with water, cos thats how we make our money, but we will require you to pay for all the necessary costs to do so".

I didn't see cable & wireless come asking for money when they started laying cable for cable tv.

United Utilities are only responsible for anything up to the outside stop tap. You are responsible for anything on your side of the stop tap

Ate you sure it doesn't say IF there is a leak? And if their is and your not on a meter tell them you'll live with the leak, unless they want to pay for repair.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
We had it with all the rain earlier in the year, our cellar flooded with the huge overflow, but United Utilities paid for it and compensated us. I can't believe they are asking you to pay for it the cheeky cunts.
Any survivors?

Gaylord du Bois said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:
We had it with all the rain earlier in the year, our cellar flooded with the huge overflow, but United Utilities paid for it and compensated us. I can't believe they are asking you to pay for it the cheeky cunts.
Any survivors?

The compensation was replacement 'guests'.

chaddblue said:
United Utilities are only responsible for anything up to the outside stop tap. You are responsible for anything on your side of the stop tap

This.

It is their responsibility to maintain their pipes. It is your responsibility to do likewise in your house. The cheeky gits are trying to get the residents to pay for the repairs. Gang up and tell them to do one.

*RIP the contents of GSC's cellar, whoever they were*

The point I was trying to make is that the common supply pipe will probably be on the householders side of the outside stop tap, so United Utilities will regard that as your responsibility

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.