Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on which stadiums in Jeddah? Or times of the matches ?
Not yet, but hopefully soon. Think if we had of been on the same side of the draw as Al-Ittihad then we would have definitely been at the larger stadium in the semi final but not as sure now.

It's another one of those moments where I just think, how the fuck are City in this competition!!! I know it's not particularly rated by English fans but it's huge to those in other countries who embrace international competitions far more than we do. To have finally won the CL and then qualify and win the Super Cup and this is a real pinch yourself moment for those of us who witnessed the tough times.

I want us to win this, and get it in the museum. I remember as a kid going to the Nou Camp and seeing the pictures of all these famous players, and all of those trophies. It took Barca a long time to win the CL as well and now they have 5 of them. This is just the start guys!

Absolutely agree. And with the format of the tournament changing after this year, it's going to become a lot harder to win. Get it in the trophy cabinet while it's easier!

First Round
Al Ittihad v Auckland City

Second Round
Al Ahly v Auckland City/Al Ittihad
Club Leon v Urawa Reds

Semi Finals
Conmebol Representative v Al Ahly/Auckland City/Al Ittihad
Club Leon/Urawa Reds v Manchester City
Al Ittihad are the Saudi club trying to get Salah, they also have Kante, Fabinho, Benzema & Jota who used to play at Celtic. Not sure what the rest of the team is like but they could give the South Americans a game in the other Semi if they get there

I know there are too many games already but this is one that I sort of like. It gives a chance for a smaller team to have a moment in the limelight.

I'd just prefer it to be part of the European preseason, e.g. a week or 2 before the Community Shield.

Al Ittihad are the Saudi club trying to get Salah, they also have Kante, Fabinho, Benzema & Jota who used to play at Celtic. Not sure what the rest of the team is like but they could give the South Americans a game in the other Semi if they get there
I think Al Ittihad would be favourites over all South American sides except Palmeiras.

Palmeiras are currently still in the CL which is at the Semi Final stage.

Palmerias (Brazil) v Boca Juniors (Argentina)
Fluminese (Brazil) v Internacional (Brazil)

Probably best for us if Palmerias wins the CL then the two best teams outside of Europe tire themselves out in the semi of the CWC.

We will walk it whoever we meet in the semi final before we face a realistic challenge In the final.

Palmerias are about as good as Girona
Al Ittihad about as good as Celtic

Good draw for us.

Last edited:
Any news on which stadiums in Jeddah? Or times of the matches ?
Stadiums not confirmed but times and dates are. FYI these are in local time.

First round (Match 1)
Al Ittihad FC v Auckland City FC
12 December, 21:00

Second round (Matches 2 & 3)
Al Ahly FC v Winner of M1
15 December, 21:00

Club León v Urawa Reds
15 December, 17:30

Semi-finals (Matches 4 & 5)
CONMEBOL representative v Winner of M2
18 December, 21:00

Winner of M3 v Manchester City FC
19 December, 21:00

Play-off for third place & final (Matches 6 & 7)
Third place play-off
22 December, 17:30

Final
22 December, 21:00

5 bells for the final and out semi then, which was predicted earlier in the thread as around a normal time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.