Urawa Red Diamonds (N) | CWC Semi-Final | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll play a strong team for this, as I'm sure Guardiola is pretty keen to win it.

Ortega
Akanji
Stones
Dias
Ake
Rodri
Nunes
Silva
Foden
Grealish
Alvarez

I understand fully why Pep wants to win this and I fully agree with him. If we win this then it’s a fucking clean sweep of league winners, fa cup winners, champs league winners, super cup winners and potentially world club cup winners.

The league can wait because adding this trophy to our cabinet is far more important in my eyes. We may never get the opportunity to win it again so let’s get it fucking won right here right now and then comeback to the bread and butter of winning the league again, which I think we will and quite comfortably too.

BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD and we will be exactly that if we win this cup.

you'll be one of the first to criticize them I am sure if they fail to win!

It's a major honour to be involved in this competition. Not many teams will ever get the chance to play in it.

and its 6 pm kick off so you can watch it indoors :-)
I won't be critical but a lot of people will be both here and externally.

Fabio Sá​

Global SVP of Intl Sales & US Soccer

This is my take on 90min, in BR Portuguese, about how Fluminense is a “Secular Religion” to me and to our millions of fans. We have made it to the Club World Cup Final, probably against Manchester City, a club that has a payroll almost thirteen times bigger than ours (USD 240 millions x USD 19 millions per year). Will we make it past Man City regardless of the financial abyss? Who knows? That’s the beauty of football. In the meantime, all that matters to me is how this club and this group represent me to the bone. Vitória Fluminense!!

View attachment 101754

Just can't help themselves some can they, even in South America they talk about City's wealth or wage bill, getting their excuses in before a ball even been kicked, and we are not in the final just yet neither, this guy would fit in very well working for Sky

Backwards thinking. As has been said, this is only the start for the CWC. And prize money set to outstrip the CL next time. Rather be in it than not.

Football changes all the time. English clubs at one point werent even allowed to wnter european competition! We used to have 3pm kick offs every week. Used to be a quid to get in.
As much as we all look back to those fond memories, i do for sure, the game has moved on. We either move with it and embrace or start supporting macc town
The new jamboree starting in 2025 will of course be more competitive and meaningful in a football sense although initially at least it is hard to see it been won by anybody other than the top European sides. It will also be a killer with respect to player fatigue.
By the way I seem to remember paying 50 pence into the Kippax and I am sure it was less than that when I went first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.