Uruguayan PFA consulting FIFPRO over legal action aginst the FA for branding Cavani racist.

domalino

I think this deserves its own thread now because the Uruguayan PFA is talking to FIFPRO about legal action against the FA which could have ramifications far beyond United and Cavani if it forces the FA to abandon calling players racist for social media posts.

perhaps if the Portuguese FA had done the same.....

not sure how I feel about this tbh. I fully support the FA's anti-racism stance, but they have in my eyes at least done damage to the cause by being over-PC on occasion. Bernado being a prime example. Then again I'm a white male so should perhaps keep my mouth shut

What legal jurisdiction do they have over here? Cavani plays here and as such is subject to our laws and regulations. He and they might not like them but surely he and his agent have been around long enough to know the score.

Find yourself banged up abroad somewhere and you'll soon hear from the British Embassy that their hands are tied and you are subject to the laws of that land no matter how different they are to ours.

What legal jurisdiction do they have over here? Cavani plays here and as such is subject to our laws and regulations. He and they might not like them but surely he and his agent have been around long enough to know the score.

Find yourself banged up abroad somewhere and you'll soon hear from the British Embassy that their hands are tied and you are subject to the laws of that land no matter how different they are to ours.

The FA have no legal jurisdiction either, he hasn't been through a legal process. It is however the governing body, if you break the rules you get chucked out of competition.

what he wrote wasn't racist , people are going out of their way to be offended, he spoke in his language to his mate , fucking nonsense , same as bernardo, he put a pic up of a little black boy cartoon saying it looked like mendy, and it did, no racism what so ever, the country is becoming a fucking joke , there's no place for racism ,but there is no place for trumped up charges , the fa are a fucking joke, more guilty of racism that cavani or bernardo have ever been, and by twatting these two they are saying look how unracist we are.

The FA have no legal jurisdiction either, he hasn't been through a legal process. It is however the governing body, if you break the rules you get chucked out of competition.

Yes I understand it's the FA's rules, I mentioned the legal aspect as it was in the report it was an avenue the Uruguayan player's association were considering going down.

what he wrote wasn't racist , people are going out of their way to be offended, he spoke in his language to his mate , fucking nonsense , same as bernardo, he put a pic up of a little black boy cartoon saying it looked like mendy, and it did, no racism what so ever, the country is becoming a fucking joke , there's no place for racism ,but there is no place for trumped up charges , the fa are a fucking joke, more guilty of racism that cavani or bernardo have ever been, and by twatting these two they are saying look how unracist we are.
Agree, neither Cavani or Silva are racist.

It’s got nothing whatsoever to do with our ‘laws’ and Cavani was in fact entirely innocent of any offence under the laws of England & Wales.

Cavani was judged and penalised only by the self-electing and self-serving FA and it was done in accordance with competition rules that they themselves invented.

If he’d have said something that they judged out of order during a game or during an interview before or after a game (when acting in some capacity that fell under the FA’s general football competition remit) then I could understand the FA having a legitimate interest and acting upon it.
However, what he did was done in his own personal time and it was between him and a friend, it had nothing whatsoever to do with football and our police are not even remotely interested in it because what he wrote didn’t even come close to breaking any of our laws.
If he’d have broken a law and it could be construed that he’d brought the game into disrepute by association then maybe. But nah, that didn’t happen.

Put this in the context of the openly vile and racist statements that our lying fat turd of a prime minister regularly makes, but which our laws scrupulously tolerate, and the whole show must make the UK a laughing stock around the world.

We live in a society that is institutionally racist, we need stronger laws and we need to engage to prosecute the offenders. In the interim, attempts to take the moral high ground against CavanI for what he did, while studiously ignoring the incessant racism in our police forces, in our courts and in our wider society, are simply ridiculous.

Funny how when Bernado was charged and banned the media were wanting him hung out to dry. Can't remember all the media wanting Suarez punished more than he was. Now a united player has been charged and banned the media will not stop until the FA issue an apology and retraction of accusing him of being racist. Who would have thought it.

Last edited:
The irony of this whole event is that the FA are being ignorant of Cavani’s culture and language, in an attempt to look like they are supporting the black community.

The whole thing is totally messed up.

The FA are pissing up the wrong tree here. Cavani is clearly not a racist, they’re only doing this for PR purposes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.