US Politics Thread

A “majority” or a reasonable facsimile thereof do understand and do give a fuck which is why Trump isn’t President anymore.
Recent polls in swing states suggest that reasonable facsimile is ebbing away in an alarming fashion. I for sure hope they're way off the mark because my only hope would be that shitgibbon gets locked up or preferably popped

A “majority” or a reasonable facsimile thereof do understand and do give a fuck which is why Trump isn’t President anymore.
In terms of overall popular support there's little doubt that Biden will win the popular vote. But that doesn't mean he'll be our next President.

I think that the intent of Tolmies' post is to highlight the fact that Trump - if not favorite to win election (he is favorite according to latest polls) - is at least extremely close; so close that the election is basically a coin flip either way.

The popular vote doesn't decide who our next President will be (thank you fucked up electoral college). It's likely down to a handful of voters in a handful of states; how this will ultimately play out is anyone's guess.

In terms of overall popular support there's little doubt that Biden will win the popular vote. But that doesn't mean he'll be our next President.

I think that the intent of Tolmies' post is to highlight the fact that Trump - if not favorite to win election (he is favorite according to latest polls) - is at least extremely close; so close that the election is basically a coin flip either way.

The popular vote doesn't decide who our next President will be (thank you fucked up electoral college). It's likely down to a handful of voters in a handful of states; how this will ultimately play out is anyone's guess.
I expect the democrats to invest heavily in those marginal states whereas the republicans will be spending what little funds they have on Trumps legal costs and Melania’s hair stylist. The latest poll shows a big leap in support for Biden in Wisconsin, a swing state par excellence. Quietly confident over here.

I expect the democrats to invest heavily in those marginal states whereas the republicans will be spending what little funds they have on Trumps legal costs and Melania’s hair stylist. The latest poll shows a big leap in support for Biden in Wisconsin, a swing state par excellence. Quietly confident over here.
I'm hopeful, but far from confident.

The outcome of the US Presidential election exhibits some of the elements of mathematical chaos: an extremely small change in initial conditions produces a huge change in outcome.

It may come down to strategy, tactics and leadership - in which case, Democrats will win quite easily. The Republican party is in complete disarray - meanwhile, Democratic leadership is, for example, seeking to place abortion initiatives on the ballots of swing states. But who knows...

Last edited:

That be an excellent reflection of intent if he hadn't said "majority of US voters" in his first post.

Otherwise I agree.

I'm hopeful, but far from confident.

The outcome of the US Presidential election exhibits some of the elements of mathematical chaos: an extremely small change in initial conditions produces a huge change in outcome.

It may come down to strategy, tactics and leadership - in which case, Democrats will win quite easily. The Republican party is in complete disarray - meanwhile, Democratic leadership is, for example, seeking to place abortion initiatives on the ballots of swing states. But who knows...
Agree with this. It's a well run political machine vs a chaos agent who has zero regard for his own party.

If you look at Georgia, the dems should have no chance of winning there. Its deep bible belt territory. Biden won there because the dems played a great ground game. They maxed out in knocking doors and he took it by a fraction of a percent. They also forced run offs for the 2 Senate seats and Trump, mad that the States gop control were going to certify the Biden win, basically told his voters to stay home in the run off. Trump sabotaged his own party out of pure spite. He also shot himself in the foot as those 2x seats were enough to swing control.

It's pretty clear that Trump has zero interest in the gops grass roots. And the dems are forcing the abortion issue on to the ballots and will push hard to get every voter to turn out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.