US Politics Thread

From the Independant:

"The former president is expected to fly from his New Jersey golf club to Miami International Airport on Monday afternoon, to spend the night at his Mar-a-Lago estate – the Florida home where he is accused of hoarding troves of classified papers, including national defence information.

Mr Trump will then appear for his arraignment in a federal courtroom in downtown Miami on Tuesday afternoon, before flying straight back to New Jersey where he has announced plans to deliver remarks that night".

Obviously presumes he's getting bail.

If he's right I hope they take his passports, fit him with an ankle bracelet, impose heavy travel restrictions and make him sign on weekly at a local police station. They should also ban him from making any reference to the case, or charges against him prior to the trial on the threat of being locked up for breaching bail conditions.

If any single member of the security services had done 1% of what Trump is credibly accused of they would be incarcerated already; probably in solitary confinement awaiting trial with zero chance of bail.

They should also ban him from making any reference to the case, or charges against him prior to the trial on the threat of being locked up for breaching bail conditions.

He's probably guaranteed the judge will do this by his actions (and speech) during his last trial, where he was publicly defaming E Jean Carroll and the jury even as the judge was telling him to stay silent.

He's probably guaranteed the judge will do this by his actions (and speech) during his last trial, where he was publicly defaming E Jean Carroll and the jury even as the judge was telling him to stay silent.
The only worry I have is that the judge is Aileen Cannon, who bent over backwards to placate trump in previous rulings reference the case against him.

She was subsequently slapped down by the US Court of Appeals for the 11th circuit for “improperly exercised equitable jurisdiction”.

The only worry I have is that the judge is Aileen Cannon, who bent over backwards to placate trump in previous rulings reference the case against him.

She was subsequently slapped down by the US Court of Appeals for the 11th circuit for “improperly exercised equitable jurisdiction”.

Like you say, the 11th circuit are very familiar with her bullshit and the DOJ will get any of her bullshit rulings quashed as soon as she comes out with them.

Also the DOJ can file for a change of venue to Miami (where Trump and witneesses and Mar a Lago is) and not Fort Pierce (where Cannon is, 3 hours away) which should be a slam dunk to get her off if they need to.

Last edited:
Like you say, the 11th circuit are very familiar with her bullshit and the DOJ will get any of her bullshit rulings quashed as soon as she comes out with them.

Also the DOJ can file for a change of venue to Miami (where Trump and witnesses and Mar a Lago is) and not Fort Pierce (where Cannon is, 3 hours away) which should be a slam dunk to get her off if they need to.
I think the DoJ want to be seen 'interfering' as little as possible if they can help it.

Hopefully, Cannon has had her fingers burned enough to make her think twice about jerking around this time.

For those of you old enough to remember, I told you she was fit x
FydB-mwX0AAzgOQ

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.