US Politics Thread

The only worry I have is that the judge is Aileen Cannon, who bent over backwards to placate trump in previous rulings reference the case against him.

She was subsequently slapped down by the US Court of Appeals for the 11th circuit for “improperly exercised equitable jurisdiction”.
There's some speculation (Legal AF podcast for one) that if Aileen Cannon doesn't recuse herself, the DOJ may file a motion to have her removed. Time will tell - but it's not nailed on that Cannon will ultimately preside over this case.

Last edited:
For those of you old enough to remember, I told you she was fit x
FydB-mwX0AAzgOQ
Where's the vomit emoji when you need it?

Reactions: roj
There's some speculation (Legal AF podcast for one) that if Aileen Cannon doesn't recuse herself, the DOJ may file a motion to have her removed. Time will tell - but it's not nailed on that Cannon will ultimately preside over this case.
I also read they have some options. But ultimately the judge can not totally derail this. Worst case is she allows it to drag on for ever. And having what is very clearly a pro Trump judge may help as Trump won't be critical and the jury make the ultimate call.

Cue MAGA nuts claiming "It's a political witch hunt!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.