US Politics Thread

Who do you suggest?

Maybe the Democrats know that since Biden has the best chance of beating Trump, and that Trump is a motherfucking existential threat to American democracy, so maybe it'd be better if we just let things ride and THEN deal with Biden's age AFTER the election?

I keep wondering why folks can't see that this isn't a normal fucking election -- it's a choice between 1) a lunatic totalitarian and his cult who will wreak havoc on the nation and the world and 2) everyone and everything else.

Remember when they tried to stage that insurrection? Remember that? Somehow I don't think some of you do.
I absolutely do remember and I agree with you but what about the vice president is she not a good bet? I don’t know who else but anyone but Trump is better

I dont follow America politics but for a country that wants to rule the world their choice of leader is.

One old bloke who doesn't know what day it is or.
Another old bloke who's orange with dodge hair and is up in court on criminal charges and a complaint knobhead

What a mess of a country

I mean the obvious suggestion is Newsom, albeit he’s keeping his powder dry for 28.

The concern is that if Biden is the best bet to beat Trump that the Democrats can put forward, they’re in just as dire of a position as the Republican Party are putting forward the likes of Haley and DeSantis.

I suspect a lot more people would be more comfortable voting for Biden if he was running with someone other than Harris. The thought that he will hand over to her in the short term post election will undoubtedly cost them votes.

He's the "best that they can put forward" because he's the President of the United States of America already.

He sets the narrative. He can make policy. He is on TV every day for free. He can take AF1 anywhere he wants and create political theater.

The phrase "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" is tailor-made for this situation.

I assume what you mean by the last sentence is "Biden should dump the black lady because maybe more misogynist, racist voters would pull the lever for him" but I don't think they would personally. I'm not her biggest fan, but . . .

Once again I fail to understand this debate. ANYONE is better than Trump. ANYONE.

Last edited:
I dont follow America politics but for a country that wants to rule the world their choice of leader is.

Another old bloke who's orange with dodge hair and is up in court on criminal charges and a complaint knobhead

What a mess of a country
True, it is a mess, but it's arguably better than "let's fuck our economy over forever based on a 15-word referendum because we're afraid of brown people".

Trump and Biden are both gonna die some day. How old will Mr. Brexit be when he croaks?

And your elected-official choices aren't such great shakes either, FYI. But thankfully you haven't out-Trumped Trump yet. Here's hoping you don't, it sucks.

What a mess of a country
It's like a clash of American TV shows- The Walking Dead against Fear the Walking Dead !
Unbelievable, only in America !!

What a mess of a country
It doesn't make any sense. If 'democracy' in a country of around 350 million people leaves people with a choice of one of these two, something is seriously wrong. I don't know the American system well, but surely there is a way the Democrats could, and should, nominate someone, anyone, who can at least pretend to understand something about what they are saying.

Fucking DOJ. Fucking Republicunt Robert Hur - the special counsel who led the investigation into Biden's mishandling of top secret document - prepared the most damaging possible report about Biden short of actually finding that criminal charges are warranted. Hur probably wanted to prepare a Beautiful Report for Trump.
Proper stitch-up and probably on the orders of said ****.

He's the "best that they can put forward" because he's the President of the United States of America already.

He sets the narrative. He can make policy. He is on TV every day for free. He can take AF1 anywhere he wants and create political theater.

The phrase "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" is tailor-made for this situation.

I assume what you mean by the last sentence is "Biden should dump the black lady because maybe more misogynist, racist voters would pull the lever for him" but I don't think they would personally. I'm not her biggest fan, but . . .

Once again I fail to understand this debate. ANYONE is better than Trump. ANYONE.

Yep. It’s going to be Biden, it always was going to be Biden because he is the sitting President. It’s not as if the US economy is tanking under Biden‘s watch either and a good economy favours the incumbent.

On a different note I can see the Dems taking back the House in November. Is that your take as well or am I being overconfident and misreading the situation?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.