Using City's History

I had chicken pox that day(Quinn Saunders). No fucker in the Kippax would stand near me.

My first game was against Derby, won 2 nil I think, 1979.

This is fantastic. I too used the MCFC Stats site before the gentleman who updated it passed away. Thanks for all your hard work. Really appreciated by fellow Blues. CTID.

Just had a quick nosey at the managers section, excellent, learned about Harry Newbould never knew much about him until then, he's one of those that steadied the ship, invaluable.

kinkyafro66 said:
Just had a quick nosey at the managers section, excellent, learned about Harry Newbould never knew much about him until then, he's one of those that steadied the ship, invaluable.
Good. Thanks. The text for the managers helps to liven up a list of names. Very important and Newbould was a very important but often forgotten manager. Cheers

Just had a lovely call from Ray Goble, MCFC statistician who has been researching the Blues since 1960s (he's 80 now) and one of the main men responsible for taking City's stats to the level they are at now. He wanted to compare notes.

Nice to hear he's still updating his stats with the 2013-14 season in his traditional manner and is still, like me, searching for long lost game details from the 19th Century. An inspiration to all of us researching football history - I hope I'm still researching football's history when I'm 80. Nice work Ray!

Question ...

Why isn't Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta, David Silva, Yaya Toure or Sergio Aguero in there?

SheeshKebab said:
Question ...

Why isn't Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta, David Silva, Yaya Toure or Sergio Aguero in there?

In the 50 greatest players? It was written in 2009 for The Times, and hasn't been updated since.

Gary James said:
Just had a lovely call from Ray Goble, MCFC statistician who has been researching the Blues since 1960s (he's 80 now) and one of the main men responsible for taking City's stats to the level they are at now. He wanted to compare notes.

Nice to hear he's still updating his stats with the 2013-14 season in his traditional manner and is still, like me, searching for long lost game details from the 19th Century. An inspiration to all of us researching football history - I hope I'm still researching football's history when I'm 80. Nice work Ray!

Great to hear ref Ray, and as for yourself Gary, I sincerely hope Her Majesty gets to know about your commitment to tracing the history of our club - it is brilliant!

histoire.jpg

Hats off to Gary, Ray and all the people who have given their time to document City's past ... contrary to public perception, our club actually has a longer history than the likes of Barcelona, Bayern Munich, etc and we should all be rightly proud of it.

Thanks, Gary !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.