Uwe's Autobiography

Graceyboy

I will start by just underlining how much I regard Uwe. He is one of my all time favorite City players, and always will be. The passion he showed, and the entertainment he gave (especially during Brian Hortons era) was immense. His love for the club and that he is in the Man City hall of fame is testiment to the impact he has on our club.

I finished his book yesterday, but unfortunately was left feeling a little bit undewelmed. By this, I mean it was an interesting account of his life to date (which the battle to beat the big C itself was remarkable in itself aside), I found it lacked a bit of substance. There were no "wow" surprises or revelations which you tend to get in an autobiography. I felt that there was some more to give under the surface, but at this time in his carer, he may of it felt fool hardy to publish anything contraversial whilst still in the game.

Have any other BMers read this yet and what are your thoughts?

Read it a couple of days ago from download. To be honest I'm not particularly keen on football autobiographies, most of them tend to be pretty dire. Uwe's was par for the course really, one or two points of interest but generally not one to keep you riveted. The greatest player to don a City shirt produced a book that is the perfect cure for insomnia, even Ian Cheeseman who ghost wrote it admitted it was like pulling teeth. Two of the best I've read are Mike Doyle's and Paul Lake's and I believe the Ken Barnes book is a good read.

Not read Uwe's but I'd highly recommend Andy Morrison's.

Not a City one but 'Who ate all the pies?' by Micky Quinn is a good read too if anyone is interested.

arrgh - Ive just read the first 3 chapters.
Saying that I wasnt expecting too much as most are pretty dull.
He had won me over in the intro by saying that Walsh was his best ever strike partner, as I love Walshy
Morrisons is good, Lakes stared slow but got better.
Colin Bells was awaful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.