VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24

Clear foul by Regulion on Burnley player denying a clear scoring chance - Waved away by ref.
VAR recalls, ref checks monitor and sees it’s a clear foul and last man.
Only 5 mins into match so most refs would have waved it away.
Thankfully Var in place.
Lol, funny what you see and what you dont , you dont seem to see the fuck ups

Lol, funny what you see and what you dont , you dont seem to see the fuck ups
@kaz7 It's very easy to pick and choose a decision that shows Var in a good light and therefore 'proves' both the Var and the poster right.
I'd simply reply, if he wasn't ignore, what about the Derby. The pundits moaned that Var had given us a very soft penalty but had ignored Haaland being thrown to the floor. Their argument, bizarrely, was that meant it wasn't a penalty !
In truth it merely highlighted how corrupt it is. No way were City going to be awarded 2 penalties in one match.

@kaz7 It's very easy to pick and choose a decision that shows Var in a good light and therefore 'proves' both the Var and the poster right.
I'd simply reply, if he wasn't ignore, what about the Derby. The pundits moaned that Var had given us a very soft penalty but had ignored Haaland being thrown to the floor. Their argument, bizarrely, was that meant it wasn't a penalty !
In truth it merely highlighted how corrupt it is. No way were City going to be awarded 2 penalties in one match.
When they get something right he is immediately posting on here , never sees the fuck ups or watches our games , wumming king

According to Hammers fans it's been designed to stop us getting in the top 6.
Liverpool fans think it’s against them on RAWK, Chelsea fans think it’s against them on Shed End, Rags on Red cafe, Villa fan on Villa talk. Every team think they’re special and worst affected by it.

In my mind, no one on here is a bigger blue than me, my mood, day, week and mental state is hugely affected by a City result, I live away now so can’t go to more than a couple of games a season but I’ve still not missed a live match since 2012 so the following isn’t a case of me not caring:

City aren’t given special treatment by VAR. We get some that surprise me. We lose some that surprise (and annoy the fuck out of me), some teams appear to get more of the rub of the green to my eyes - but then you read their views and they point out things we miss/forget/ignore that went against them.

i totally get why some fans in here suffer from extreme myopia, that’s what fans do, it’s how we’re built as humans, how we’ve evolved (my tribe good, their tribe bad) but let’s not pretend that decisions were even as close to being better pre/VAR.

2012 and the three months of Ashley Young dives and talks of conspiracies are still clear in my mind. United have probably benefitted the least from VAR as they used to get away with murder at OT. It’s not a perfect system and it could be massively improved with live and on air broadcast of discussion (a la rugby union et al), but it’s better than the previous system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.