VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
As far as I know, we are the only one of the top leagues still using the manual ‘drawing lines’ system.

You can argue all day about whether the lines are always being drawn in the right place. And we’ve seen from the ‘Mic’d up’ programmes that the choice of which frame to use is almost pot luck, as it seems that one either side is almost offering the exact same image to the naked eye a lot of the time.

But specifically on the point of the tolerance level. Once the computer guy has being instructed which frame to use and where exactly to measure the two lines from, it isn’t a human decision whether the tolerance level is applied. If the two lines that the computer generates were to be overlapping at all, the computer will instead just produce one line alongside an “onside” graphic.
Yes but in the Rashford v Liverpool ‘tolerance level’, the lines would no way have been overlapping. He was well offside, his whole foot was ‘offside’. It’s just so frustrating

The answer as to why clubs aren’t campaigning to get rid of VAR, is probably linked to why just about every league that still hasn’t got it, are forever complaining about the lack of it.

The Scottish Prem. teams were forever banging on about it in the years between England and Scotland introducing it.

I watch very little ladies football but twice this season I’ve stumbled across a manager in the Women’s Premier League crying out for VAR.

You have to assume they are watching what’s going on in the Premier League.

The only conclusion you can draw from that is despite all its faults, the clubs prefer having it to not having it.

Great point often missed.

Leagues and clubs without VAR would prefer to have it and demand it on many occasions in lower leagues and Scotland... why when it's so awful and corrupt and kills the sport? because people have short memories and forget how bad officiating is without tech help.

and the handball rules changed to suit var.when i was a kid it was only given if it was deliberate handball as in coming out like a goalie with your arms out or if you controlled it with your arms.none of this being twatted at someones arm or brushing an arm or hand.its easy to sort but they dont want to as its a tool to manipulate

However misguided, there's a level of honesty, integrity and decency in that Forest statement than arrogant twats like these will ever realise.

Parody account? Parody fucking pundits more like.
However “honest” the tweet is, it’s reactionary and without any proof of what they are claiming.

They'll have the book thrown at them and nothing will happen about PGMOL.

It’s the kind of thing blokes say to each other in the pub, not in their job or in court.

You’re missing the point again. And didn’t answer my question about whether you attend games. Football might be bigger, and the standards are undoubtedly better. But the stadium experience of the match-going fan is very much worse because of VAR. That is the point that you consistently refuse to address

Season ticket holder at West Ham for over 30 years, Can only recall a handful of games where VAR has been detrimental - been a couple times of frustrating wait for the outcome but majority of games VAR is hardly involved.

can recall plenty of times pre VAR when a ref has completely ruined the match with a sending off that shouldn't have been, or a goal against us that was offside, or a player had made a clear dive against us to win a pen. Most matches were completely hostile towards the ref and bad decisions from the officials was the main talking point from pretty much every match.

However “honest” the tweet is, it’s reactionary and without any proof of what they are claiming.

It’s the kind of thing blokes say to each other in the pub, not in their job or in court.

Yup. I work with a load of forest fans and none of them are happy they released that statement.

Great point often missed.

Leagues and clubs without VAR would prefer to have it and demand it on many occasions in lower leagues and Scotland... why when it's so awful and corrupt and kills the sport? because people have short memories and forget how bad officiating is without tech help.
The authorities could clear up the confusion in a heartbeat. The fact they are flatly refusing to make the process transparent is very telling.

I get the feeling Forest don't care, they got shafted over the FFP rules.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.