VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The fans Debite VAR every week and hate it, But the Club's don't seem to do anything about it ? Why don't the clubs say No we are not playing under VAR rules anymore and refuse to play, If all 20 clubs say NO then I don't see what the Premier League could do other than Change the rules,

Dont say the Premier League can not change the rules in mid-season or with 10 games to play, Because Covid-19 rules changed overnight, If all the Clubs are saying we are not playing until something is sorted out then mark my words the Premier League will sort it out pretty quick

The answer as to why clubs aren’t campaigning to get rid of VAR, is probably linked to why just about every league that still hasn’t got it, are forever complaining about the lack of it.

The Scottish Prem. teams were forever banging on about it in the years between England and Scotland introducing it.

I watch very little ladies football but twice this season I’ve stumbled across a manager in the Women’s Premier League crying out for VAR.

You have to assume they are watching what’s going on in the Premier League.

The only conclusion you can draw from that is despite all its faults, the clubs prefer having it to not having it.

‘It’s killed football’ - been hearing it for years. Footballs only become bigger and the standards got better.
Officiating was the only thing holding it back and that’s why VAR was bought in , painful and slow progress is the only way forward and of course there will be controversy and bad decisions along the way - makes me laugh Kaz and others tag me everytime there’s some VAR controversy as if that’s going change my opinion.

It’s like tagging anyone who doesn’t want VAR into every bad decisions made by officials if VAR wasn’t around.
You’re missing the point again. And didn’t answer my question about whether you attend games. Football might be bigger, and the standards are undoubtedly better. But the stadium experience of the match-going fan is very much worse because of VAR. That is the point that you consistently refuse to address

The answer as to why clubs aren’t campaigning to get rid of VAR, is probably linked to why just about every league that still hasn’t got it, are forever complaining about the lack of it.

The Scottish Prem. teams were forever banging on about it in the years between England and Scotland introducing it.

I watch very little ladies football but twice this season I’ve stumbled across a manager in the Women’s Premier League crying out for VAR.

You have to assume they are watching what’s going on in the Premier League.

The only conclusion you can draw from that is despite all its faults, the clubs prefer having it to not having it.

It's odd that VAR now gets the blame for decisions they haven't made - even where it's a subjective call that not everyone agrees on.

Ref gives a penalty that some people don't agree with, but others think is fine, so VAR don't overturn. That's now reported as a "VAR controversy", when it would be argued over with or without VAR.

I think a lot of people have forgotten that most of the talking points on a program like MotD were refereeing incidents before VAR came in.

It's odd that VAR now gets the blame for decisions they haven't made - even where it's a subjective call that not everyone agrees on.

Ref gives a penalty that some people don't agree with, but others think is fine, so VAR don't overturn. That's now reported as a "VAR controversy", when it would be argued over with or without VAR.

I think a lot of people have forgotten that most of the talking points on a program like MotD were refereeing incidents before VAR came in.
So we’re no better off. Exactly. And the fan experience is worse. So get rid.

MOTD one of the worst for highlighting what they wanted and tough for the rest

So we’re no better off. Exactly. And the fan experience is worse. So get rid.
I don't think clubs care.

We're better off in terms of decisions being a little better. Certainly Salah, for one, has had to stop his phantom foul dives, and some of the more farcical offside decisions won't happen (remember when Spurs scored against us after Walker had been yards offside right in front of the assistant?).

I understand that for match day fans the situation is worse. I can imagine the feeling of Coventry fans yesterday was similar to how we felt against Spurs in the CL. I can see the argument that it doesn't balance out a few more correct decisions, but for the clubs it probably does.

It's got a lot worse since Webb became head of the refereeing dept. That disallowed Coventry goal has his duplicitous fingermarks over it.
It comes to something when Twattenburg himself personally contacted Webb about his suspicions of Atwell.
These people have been manipulating match outcomes for a long, long time.

VAR is just the latest means for them to do so.

Its implementation has been deliberately shambolic because if it is withdrawn, their actions will of course continue but will be less obvious compared to what we can clearly see is happening today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.