VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24

You cannot see him when the ball is passed he's out of shot.

Pmsl

I know that. but one stride back by both players would make him onside.
As I said the 2 videos run side by side you'll get a better picture of the ball leaving the foot and the players on the field.

I also know it is pointless now and nothing can change the result, But it's good to try and point out the cheating scum's power over the officials and VAR,

As I said the 2 videos run side by side you'll get a better picture of the ball leaving the foot and the players on the field.

I also know it is pointless now and nothing can change the result, But it's good to try and point out the cheating scum's power over the officials and VAR,
Have you gone back and watched the original tv broadcast?

Wan-Bissaka is the only one running towards the goal. Even an average sprint from a Premier League player is 8 metres in a second, so if one player is running and the other isn't, two players, who were level, can be 4m apart just half a second later.

Seriously mate give it up this conspiracy shit is becoming tedious. Coventry winning that game would have been great for the FA and the cup. Do you know how many people would need to be involved in this sort of cover up.

In my eyes the biggest issue with VAR is that it has highlighted problems with the way the laws are constructed and consequently in the law makers and law enforcers. Previously it was possible to hide behind the “referee only has a split second to make a decision and only gets one view of an incident” excuse. Now we see that even with more angles and more times many strange looking decisions are still being made. That does’t deny that some absolute errors have been eliminated.

There are a number of problems with the laws and the law makers. The main one is that they lack a description of the purpose of each law and attempt to cover the minute detail instead. and. Most real life incidents don’t quite fit neatly into the descriptors. The laws are written in a way suitable for a standard operating system for an engineering process where everything is standardised but not really for judging a dynamic game where virtually nothing is standardised. This is compounded by a complete failure to understand the science of measurement and the concept of errors in any measurement. Hence the minutely separated offside measurements which are pretty much swamped by the errors in the measurement systems.

All of the above is compounded by a culture of secrecy and lack of transparency, including an apparent (to the general public at any rate) lack of any objective assessment of refereeing performance.

But, apart from all that, you are saying it's OK?

But, apart from all that, you are saying it's OK?
Yep, rethink the laws entirely and explain what each law is trying to achieve; take a sensible view on margins of error and be open and honest in communicating and things will be OK! Perhaps separate var from pgmol.

Yep, rethink the laws entirely and explain what each law is trying to achieve; take a sensible view on margins of error and be open and honest in communicating and things will be OK! Perhaps separate var from pgmol.

How do you define a margin of error and come up with a workable handball rule.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.