VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

I still dont understand why VAR wasnt used to see if Mendy was pushed in their 3rd . To me that was a clear and obvious mistake by the ref. Yet nothing was made of it by the commentators, or VAR. To me the wolves player push Mendy hard in the back , no goal. Yet about 2 minutes later the same player pushes Sterling which I though was more shoulder to shoulder less of a foul and Sterling hits the bar from the free kick.
In my eyes wolves 3rd should have been ruled out for a fould on Mendy and Sterling free kick wasnt a foul !

If VAR is to be any use then I think they had two instances in last night's game where it could have been used:

Ederson sending off. For me Ederson charges out but then he's passive and the Wolves player runs into him. It's nowhere near as clear cut as the commentators made out. He made an error, or maybe he felt he had no alternative but to force the player wide but he doesn't go for the ball. I think the Wolves player was clever and buys the sending off. That's a difficult call to make. It is nowhere near as obvious as the commentators and ref in the studio made out.

And for me Traore fouls Mendy. They bottled that because of all that has gone before. No way were they overturning it but they really should judge every decision on its merits.

VAR is not helping referees or the game. Last nights game was another example of it.

I think it was both a red card and not a foul on Mendy. The red card was soft I know that and there was no intention from Ederson to play the man, but when you come rushing out of your area you have to win the ball it’s as simple as that, he clips the man and he goes down easy but any of our player would of done the same, in fact they did Marhez went down like he had been shot but that too was a penalty.
As for the Mendy one even he didn’t think it was a foul he was far to soft. If he was just going to play the ball and didn’t see traore and he nudged him then it’s a foul, but Mendy tried to protect the ball from him and invite contact and was far far to soft.

I think it was both a red card and not a foul on Mendy. The red card was soft I know that and there was no intention from Ederson to play the man, but when you come rushing out of your area you have to win the ball it’s as simple as that, he clips the man and he goes down easy but any of our player would of done the same, in fact they did Marhez went down like he had been shot but that too was a penalty.
As for the Mendy one even he didn’t think it was a foul he was far to soft. If he was just going to play the ball and didn’t see traore and he nudged him then it’s a foul, but Mendy tried to protect the ball from him and invite contact and was far far to soft.
Well I don't want to watch it all through but I felt Ederson had stopped and it was the forward who went into Ederson. I think the Wolves player played for the sending off. Ederson was passive once he realised he was not going to get it. I think his intention was to force the forward wide and allow the defenders to get back and defend it but the Wolves payer took advantage. Not an easy call to make.

I thought Mendy was fouled but I think he made a bad mistake

Well I don't want to watch it all through but I felt Ederson had stopped and it was the forward who went into Ederson. I think the Wolves player played for the sending off. Ederson was passive once he realised he was not going to get it. I think his intention was to force the forward wide and allow the defenders to get back and defend it but the Wolves payer took advantage. Not an easy call to make.

I thought Mendy was fouled but I think he made a bad mistake

way I look at these is what would I think the other way around. In these cases I would have wanted the red for the keeper and been furious is the nudge on handy bendy mendy nad been given a foul, so correct decisions in both cases for me

I still dont understand why VAR wasnt used to see if Mendy was pushed in their 3rd . To me that was a clear and obvious mistake by the ref. Yet nothing was made of it by the commentators, or VAR. To me the wolves player push Mendy hard in the back , no goal. Yet about 2 minutes later the same player pushes Sterling which I though was more shoulder to shoulder less of a foul and Sterling hits the bar from the free kick.
In my eyes wolves 3rd should have been ruled out for a fould on Mendy and Sterling free kick wasnt a foul !

The trouble with the application of VAR is that, not just City, other teams too, so I'm jettisoning the notion of bias(!), that goal would have been disallowed on another ground and in another match. It's farcical that 'nothing' fouls are manufactured anywhere on the pitch but are just ignored once they are committed in the area! Grapple someone in the centre circle it's a foul, manhandle someone at a corner and it's 'a coming together'! It's cheating in the process of managing a game without teams walking off when they have conceded ten penalties!

Watching the Norwich v Spurs game and the offside decision to rule of Pukkis goal was a fkn joke.. it’s the reason why fans will turn their back on the game until it is removed. Who voted for toenails being offside.. not the clubs not the fans and Im not renewing next season until it’s binned.. In an entertainment sport why would you try your best to rule out moments of brilliance and skill? It’s just counter intuitive.

Mendy should have gone down. Even then I’m not sure it would have been given

If VAR is to be any use then I think they had two instances in last night's game where it could have been used:

Ederson sending off. For me Ederson charges out but then he's passive and the Wolves player runs into him. It's nowhere near as clear cut as the commentators made out. He made an error, or maybe he felt he had no alternative but to force the player wide but he doesn't go for the ball. I think the Wolves player was clever and buys the sending off. That's a difficult call to make. It is nowhere near as obvious as the commentators and ref in the studio made out.

And for me Traore fouls Mendy. They bottled that because of all that has gone before. No way were they overturning it but they really should judge every decision on its merits.

VAR is not helping referees or the game. Last nights game was another example of it.

The issue with the Traore foul is with the referee not VAR. walker shoulder barged one of theirs in the middle of the back about 10 mins before near the left hand touch line - free kick and rightly so. Traore commits exactly the same offence on Mendy - no free kick, equalising goal.

You can see why they Ref us differently to enable Liverpool to streak away with the league but why keep shafting us well after the league is gone. Why are Leicester not getting the VAR treatment? I suppose the vitriol of the largest fan bases in the country and constant agenda-driven media bias affects even the Refs. We are now the red-headed stepchild and are treated as toxic like Rangers are in North Britain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.