VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

Can anyone tell me why we are applying the way VAR is used differently to every other league? The club and the media have access to the people that can answer that question so why are we not being told. Looking at the pens yesterday, ours was a stonewall but wasn’t given, Kane’s I am still not sure about although if that was at Klanfield we all know the outcome and the one that was given against Burnley wasn’t and not only should it have been reversed but the Wolves player should have been carded for rolling around as if shot by a sniper. He now has carte blanche to do it again.

I thought the Kane penalty yesterday was nailed on, certainly more than the Rodri one which I also thought was a penalty. Good thread though because we will forget the details as the season wears on.

I thought the Kane penalty yesterday was nailed on, certainly more than the Rodri one which I also thought was a penalty. Good thread though because we will forget the details as the season wears on.
Kane’s more than the Rodri one , are you sure ?

Anyone else notice the tight offside given against Sterling towards the end of the Bournemouth match when he still shot and it hit both posts? I thought that with VAR the referees were instructed not to stop play and if a goal results then VAR would check the offside. Sterling did not shoot properly as the whistle went so another incorrect application of the Laws I believe.

Yeah, we aren’t so far apart really. When VAR was mooted, I was of the view that reviews should take place on appeal and that appeals should be limited to, say, two per match. I think that’s similar to cricket. It rankles that every goal is subjected to forensic examination even when nobody (apparently) appealed against it.

The appeals system makes no sense to me really. If the tech is there to help officials make better decisions why getter that?

Using the cricket analogy, the Aussies lost the Ashes yesterday to a shocking decision (haha!)

Anyone else notice the tight offside given against Sterling towards the end of the Bournemouth match when he still shot and it hit both posts? I thought that with VAR the referees were instructed not to stop play and if a goal results then VAR would check the offside. Sterling did not shoot properly as the whistle went so another incorrect application of the Laws I believe.
Yep another very strange one , ask Marvin he’ll have an answer .

That’s how it’s done in Europe but Riley has decided that’s not how the Premier will do it. Rules being made up contrary to how everyone else uses it. Wait till CL starts and spot the difference and confusion

But that one would probably have been ruled out without VAR.
That's true but it seems as though the OP isn't looking for the impact in regards to whether VAR is an improvement or not. It's highlighting mistakes specifically with their impact on the result and that decision was not a mistake. Had it been the wrong call that went for us then it would only be fair to include it.

Even the handball which I originally thought was the correct decision, according to IFABs letter of the law, was not the correct decision. It would have required Laporte to gain control of the ball and he did not. Under that interpretation of the rule, all that is left to decide is whether it was deliberate or not and it was clearly accidental.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.