VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Clear and obvious that the officials are trying to botch the introduction of VAR.

PGMOL are a disgrace.

Looks like the refs in this game are in trouble or at least they should be:

I'd probably agree with this. My gut is they don't want it in and are trying to make it look clumsy. However, the ref looking at a screen is bollocks. If someone is looking at it on a screen in th control room, they should make the call. Should take 2 seconds to make a decision in the vast majority of cases if it's clear...

There's a difference. Balotelli never actually stopped like Son did. It's been in the rules for a few years now that you can't stop on a run up.
A correction is required. You can feint in the run up, but not prior to kicking the ball. However I'm 100% certain refs just caution anyway if the player is late enough into their run up.

I've just watched the spurs disallowed goal and he's clearly pulling at the defender there is no way that's not a foul. you've already said the pen is a pen. So Var has got it right yet again. So you'd prefer incorrect decisions than correct ones?

Pulling at his shirt feeling the fabric more like Already VAR has given an offside for 3mm Last night there was 8 minutes of VAR action but only 5 mins of time added on Unless they think this through it will spoil the game Already pointed out the passion of goal celebration has been damped

I'm not convinced. But neither can you be that the decision would be different for those teams. Look at the facts so far, although taking too long they have got the vast majority of decisions correct. United had a tight one go against them for the offside in the cup, if they wanted to abuse it they could very easily allowed their goal but didn't. Not sure why you come up with all these what ifs. Just deal in the reality. It's proven to correct the vast majority of decisions it's used for, which would have been wrong before. Although it needs refinement in some areas

The reality is that we have been fucked over by rererees to levels bordering on corruption, in favour of teams such as Liverpool & Utd, for pretty much my whole life of watching football. Whilst at the same time watching those two clubs & others, benefit from some scandallous refereeing decisions.

So why would I expect referees to suddenly give 50/50 v.a.r decisions in our favour & not give 50/50 decisions or even 40/60 decisions,that occur in other games, in their favour ?

I don't see any reason why I should trust these people.

Couple of things from last nights game.

not VAR related but Sons penalty and a booking for stopping mid penalty run up, is this a brand new thing? As i swear i've seen penalty takers stop mid penalty like Son did with nothing given against it before.

And the penalty foul itself, Does the foul not happen outside the area? Trippier just made sure he fell inside the area even though the Dale player commited the foul just outside.

Get in the bin VAR

Stopping in the run up is not a new law.
But like other laws of the game many fans and pundits do no know them, and some referees refuse to apply them

The reality is that we have been fucked over by rererees to levels bordering on corruption, in favour of teams such as Liverpool & Utd, for pretty much my whole life of watching football. Whilst at the same time watching those two clubs & others, benefit from some scandallous refereeing decisions.

So why would I expect referees to suddenly give 50/50 v.a.r decisions in our favour & not give 50/50 decisions or even 40/60 decisions,that occur in other games, in their favour ?

I don't see any reason why I should trust these people.

I agree with you 1000000% on your first paragraph. That's why I can't fathom out why you won't give VAR a chance. It's surely got to be better than the old system, it can't be any worse No? As you've pointed out about the old one, it's screwed us over for years. So why not give VAR a chance to see if it's an improvement. Doesn't make any sense to me.

You may well have some valid points on the concerns with it, but as per previous replys, united had one disallowed for a knee cap being offside recently, where they could easily have been favoured and were not. we had 2 against Arsenal, which if they were set to shaft us they could easily have done, but didn't. It's much harder under VAR to get some of the scandalous decisions that the old system gave us. Which you so rightly pointed out.

I've given you three actual examples above where VAR was used and it gave the correct decisions, where it could have been abused but wasn't. If you do the same with actual examples where it's abused us/favoured the rags then it's a discussion worth having. What ifs and maybes however are not. That's just hyperbole.

It will never be perfect but it will level the playing field considerably over the existing fiasco.... that's why the FA have introduced it in such a shite fashion as they want public opinion against it. VAR will level the playing field for the Rags (yet another goal wrongly disallowed against them last weekend, no VAR in operation). I just can't work out why any blue wouldn't want to give it a fair crack of the whip, as it will only ever benefit us compared to the existing state of play in the long run

Last edited:
I agree with you 1000000% on your first paragraph. That's why I can't fathom out why you won't give VAR a chance. It's surely got to be better than the old system, it can't be any worse No? As you've pointed out about the old one, it's screwed us over for years. So why not give VAR a chance to see if it's an improvement. Doesn't make any sense to me.

You may well have some valid points on the concerns with it, but as per previous replys, united had one disallowed for a knee cap being offside recently, where they could easily have been favoured and were not. we had 2 against Arsenal, which if they were set to shaft us they could easily have done, but didn't. It's much harder under VAR to get some of the scandalous decisions that the old system gave us. Which you so rightly pointed out.

I've given you three actual examples above where VAR was used and it gave the correct decisions, where it could have been abused but wasn't. If you do the same with actual examples where it's abused us/favoured the rags then it's a discussion worth having. What ifs and maybes however are not. That's just hyperbole.

It will never be perfect but it will level the playing field considerably over the existing fiasco.... that's why the FA have introduced it in such a shite fashion as they want public opinion against it. VAR will level the playing field for the Rags (yet another goal wrongly disallowed against them last weekend, no VAR in operation). I just can't work out why any blue wouldn't want to give it a fair crack of the whip, as it will only ever benefit us compared to the existing state of play in the long run

Well we have had a form of v.a.r. for years as regards to violent conduct etc, & we have been generally shafted over by it, wheras Utd etc have constantly been favoured by it, almost to the level of comedy, as we saw recently with Lukaku, who seemed to be actually trying to get banned, but couldn't quite manage it.

The way it works traditionally is not that Utd, Liverpool etc get favourable decisions in every game, they get them occasionally & even get one or two against them.

Then we come to a huge moment which can turn the season, in a massive game, & suddenly, poor old Utd or Liverpool, who have had several bad decisions go against them whilst tonking Cardiff 5-1 or Stoke 4-0, suddenly get away with a last minute handball which gets them 3 points or are given a last min pen or get away with what should have been a red card, or all 3.

The refs don't necessarily give them everything, they give them the big ones, when they need them. Most of the decisions they get, are then discussed by pundits afterwards & usually at least half the pundits will say it's a fair decision, even when it obviously isn't. Graeme Poll, has called several Utd ones wrongly, with v.a.r. already this season. Just as he used to give them the same ones, when he was a ref. At half time or full time, he's changed his mind. Too late.

Bobby ****ly, quite obviously got advice in his ear, telling him he could get away with sending off Kyle Walker, as has Taylor, twice now, when he's shit on us.

Most of these decisions would not be overturned. There is an 'argument' they can be called correct, so most will be. What can happen, is that in a title decider v Utd, & ref can give a foul against Aguero, for that nudge, we saw v Arsenal. Wenger has already started, applying the pressure on the v.a.r. ref, just as Mourinho will do if a big one costs him.

If v.ar. could be instantly applied, with no collaberation from the onfield ref, & guaranteed fair, I would have no problem with it.

When I think of a Clattenburg, Poll, Webb, Mike Riley, George Courtney, Chris Foy, sat in a box somewhere, looking for ways of disallowing our 85th min winner v Utd or Liverpool, it scares the shit out of me.

If, as looks likely, VAR gets the heave-ho from the PL, then Mike Riley will have a big smile on his corrupt face. His refs have deliberately fucked it up by ignoring the rules that were put in place for its use and making it look like a farce. It's an utter disgrace and he ought to be given his marching orders but won't be.

If, as looks likely, VAR gets the heave-ho from the PL, then Mike Riley will have a big smile on his corrupt face. His refs have deliberately fucked it up by ignoring the rules that were put in place for its use and making it look like a farce. It's an utter disgrace and he ought to be given his marching orders but won't be.

Only this.

Telling that in a SSN report. Wagner, Puel and Carvalhal were for it. Hodgson, Dyce, Lambert didnt want it.

VAR ruins their income sources.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.