VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Not a red card for me as last man, at all, but red card for dangerous play, which wouldn't have been given.

Clattenburg apparently said guidelines are to give a red card for straight leg challenges or severity of impact & the one on Kompany wasn't one.

We have already seen the proof yesterday, with Valencia's challenge, compared to Delph's. Same ref, different rules.
No one behind him. No one who could get an imediate challenge on Sterling. Outside the area. Last man foul. Red card sending off. The rules are quite clear on that point. Asside from a deliberate handball outside the area or going straight through a player Inside/outside the box without attempting to get the ball (which he did at least try).

Complete fucking shambles in every country I've seen it applied in during the past week. Ref stopped the game with a team on the ball attacking yesterday in Germany, to look at a replay. How the fuck is he not going to give the pen in that case ?

Absolutely fucking ridiculous pen just given to NYC for handball now.

These people are not the fit & proper ilk to use this system.

Complete fucking shambles in every country I've seen it applied in during the past week. Ref stopped the game with a team on the ball attacking yesterday in Germany, to look at a replay. How the fuck is he not going to give the pen in that case ?

Absolutely fucking ridiculous pen just given to NYC for handball now.

These people are not the fit & proper ilk to use this system.

Somethings got to be done about the state of officials in this country, they’re fucking abysmal. A few tweaks to VAR shouldn’t be a problem to refs who have got a brain cell. How hard can it be to ref a game with the assistance of video technology supporting them.

NYCFC benefitted from it tonight with the ref stopping the game a good minute after the incident in question. There was a bizarre period where the ref was preoccupied with his earset and the players were just standing around doing nothing, but the game was ostensibly in motion and the ball was active.
Either decisions need to be made off the pitch by officials, not including the ref, within 10 seconds, or the whole thing needs fucking off.

Somethings got to be done about the state of officials in this country, they’re fucking abysmal. A few tweaks to VAR shouldn’t be a problem to refs who have got a brain cell. How hard can it be to ref a game with the assistance of video technology supporting them.

From what I've seen outside this country, the rest are even worse.

It should be quick & simple, but with these people in charge, it's inconsistent, slow & will be bent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.