Veganism

It's reasonable to give your own species preferable treatment, particularly if it has demonstrable benefit, as the pursuit of equal opportunity does. Besides, I would equate slavery to reprehensible farming practices, rather than consumption itself. The human race consumes the work of all individual humans, what we did in the past was treat some sections of humanity reprehensibly, and we now strive to treat all sections of society more fairly and kindly. Equally, we should do the same with farming practices, but ultimately will still consume produce the same way society "consumes" work.

Would you agree that it is the mark of an evolved society to treat non human animals more kindly & fairly too?

Would you agree that it is the mark of an evolved society to treat non human animals more kindly & fairly too?

more fairly and kindly, yes absolutely. Which is why farming practices should be improved, evolved and scrutinised, but within the constraints of human evolution, the benefits to human society and the laws of nature which condone and encourage the consumption of meat. Lab grown meat is a way forward on mass levels, and the highest levels of care and quality for naturally grown meat is something we absolutely should strive to. Denying human nature and development is detrimental as far as I'm concerned.

Hurt or humanely euthanized?

Do you think vets putting animals to sleep is also cruel?

Euthanasia is the reflief of pain & suffering. The meat industry is killing healthy animals to eat, do you see the difference between that and helping an injured dog die?

Do you think this looks humane?

Euthanasia is the reflief of pain & suffering. The meat industry is killing healthy animals to eat, do you see the difference between that and helping an injured dog die?

You should see the chickens, fuckers keep running around for a fair while after you cut their heads off, it's priceless.

It's very clearly not humane and its both disgusting and illegal but not for one second do i believe its the norm in the meat industry and not for a second do i believe an organisation like animal aid would be honest and admit to that fact.

Things that have defence or warning mechanisms don't want to be eaten.

The smell of grass.
The thorn of a rose.
The spines of a cactus.

Those are plants.

So you eat cactus, grass & rose thorns as well as being making your decisions on ethics on what a dinosaur would do?

Do you think plants feel pain?

Nettles.
Poison Ivy.
Peaches, before we bred it out of them.

I have to reiterate that as long as a person is happy with their life in their own mind, what they choose to eat is the business of nobody else.

It seems bizarre that there can be such militancy over the rights of animals bred for food, but yet it isn't a problem to be posting on an internet forum possibly on a phone that contains minerals mined by young boys in the Congo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.