Vet Fees

Just had my insurance renewal for my two. Fuming as they have both gone up over £80.00 each. For a healthy three year old Springer Ossie I am now paying £463.72 per year. He has had a few injuries but none claimed via the insurance as we have to pay the first £100 so just sort it out. He has just had a bad cut on his foot that has added up but not gone via the insurance. O claims last year. For my other fella Clyde, a healthy almost five year old We are now paying £554.99 per year. 0 claims last year. That’s over a grand on two healthy young dogs. The problem is that when there is an illness or significant injury the costs run into thousands, and people are scared of not having the cover. I know of one old fella that was going without food as he was paying for meds for his dog. We soon sorted that out.

I am with PetPlan and most people are happy with the service, but I am not understanding how they can justify such price increases. It is cover for life so if we swop it will be difficult to get that again. We have a decent vet who will often just say there is no charge when either is in for bits and bobs, such as Ossie getting his foot checked out yesterday two weeks after suffering a very bad cut on a broken bottle. But I worry about these significant increases. I am on a number of working dog forums and some of the horror stories when people have insured with the cheapest have been heartbreaking. There have been a number of crowd funding things when dogs have been refused treatment by insurance companies. That isn’t the answer and sadly appears to be more prevalent. Although I worry about it I feel that they are our dogs and our responsibility. As said, I really worry about the price hiking that is going on.

signed as well......

I couldnt get insurance for silva as she had seizures so every vet trip was a shocker , i had to take her to the night clinic a couple of times and it is a hundred quid just to get through the door , it is a real scandal, only second to care home fees imo

I have merlin insured and i am in the pet club at the surgery as well

Vets are expensive ... but if you fancy getting into that racket then just pop yourself off to uni for 5/6 years to get qualified. Thats after getting straight A*’s in your A levels. Presuming you got those results. if not then it's back to college for 2 years.
obviously only if you got the relevant GCSEs. If not ...

Girlfriends pet rabbit is on meds that cost £38 a month - can be bought online for less than £20 or about £50 for three months worth. Vet charges £25 for a prescription and will only do it for one month at a time. Wankers.

Vets are expensive ... but if you fancy getting into that racket then just pop yourself off to uni for 5/6 years to get qualified. Thats after getting straight A*’s in your A levels. Presuming you got those results. if not then it's back to college for 2 years.
So because they do a lot of book learning it justifies ripping off customers for medications?

I heard some guy say all pets 'live in the moment' that meaning, you can not thwart it's future desires, because it doesn't have any to thwart.. no capacity in it's stupid brain to look forward to breakfast.. so it can never be a harm to kill one in its sleep.. if we all thought that way, I reckon vets would be way cheaper, and almost defunct really

Those requirements were also the case 5 years ago. Since then, fees have increased, alarmingly. I admire vets and marvel at their skill. I have no issue availing myself of their expertise but many vets are embarrassed about what they are asked to charge because their holding company dictates the fees.

Those requirements were also the case 5 years ago. Since then, fees have increased, alarmingly. I admire vets and marvel at their skill. I have no issue availing myself of their expertise but many vets are embarrassed about what they are asked to charge because their holding company dictates the fees.
Yep they are bloody expensive. I had a chat with my jackapoo Bell, and my Springer Colin years ago that if there is a big bill incoming ... well ya know ...

I heard some guy say all pets 'live in the moment' that meaning, you can not thwart it's future desires, because it doesn't have any to thwart.. no capacity in it's stupid brain to look forward to breakfast.. so it can never be a harm to kill one in its sleep.. if we all thought that way, I reckon vets would be way cheaper, and almost defunct really

Bloody hell Mellow Joe! That level of coldness makes you sound like a serial killer.... my fellas certainly have the capacity in their “stupid brain” to do quite a lot. The big fella is training to be a therapy dog going into hospitals to give comfort to people with life limiting illnesses. My younger fella is a working gun dog and very intelligent. I can testify that both have the capacity to look forward to breakfast and at this very minute are revving up to their tea at 4.00pm. At five to four the little fella will gently nudged me. At 2 minutes to 4 I will have a paw inserted into my ear hole. Any later than four and we have a problem where I have two hungry hounds chewing on my trouser leg. I can safely say that they will not be having a knock on the head in their sleep anytime soon. Now the missus.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.