Villa v Bolton - postponed

malg

OK. I've seen the Muamba thread, and all the messages etc. Nice to see the messages from around the globe as well.

However, why is the Villa v Bolton game postponed? According to the BBC, the game v Blackburn at the weekend is also in question. Why? Surely, and they roll this stuff out regularly, the player would rather the games went ahead. The last thing Bolton need is a fixture pile up. Oh, and before anyone starts it's not disrespectful - it's life, and life must go on.

I just don't get it.

malg said:
OK. I've seen the Muamba thread, and all the messages etc. Nice to see the messages from around the globe as well.

However, why is the Villa v Bolton game postponed? According to the BBC, the game v Blackburn at the weekend is also in question. Why? Surely, and they roll this stuff out regularly, the player would rather the games went ahead. The last thing Bolton need is a fixture pile up. Oh, and before anyone starts it's not disrespectful - it's life, and life must go on.

I just don't get it.

Both Villa and Blackburn were happy to postpone and the players are probably still really shaken up by it and what's more Bolton would take every option to a) leave it to make sure their players were in the right frame of mind at a later date b) hear that Muamba will make a proper recovery, get the players motivated and use it as a tribute to get them in form and to stay up.

If both teams have agreed I don't see the problem, the Bolton players heads will be all over the place at the moment, especially while he's still in hospital and its probably the same for other teams players. So its probably right to postpone the games, yes life goes on but life also comes before football!

You've got to look at the preparations for the Bolton v Villa game. Bolton will have been totally unprepared for tonights game, players not mentally ready, tactics etc not discussed fully. Owen Coyle, amongst others, haven't really been at the training ground all that much since Saturday. It made no sense for the Villa game to go ahead. Blackburn too, given the way things have been this week, would also seem likely to be rearranged.

Tonight I can understand, they probably haven't trained since, and a decision needed to be made early, and at that point they had no idea how it it would pan out.

But its only Tuesday, things for Muamba are looking much better, surely its time to get on with it now, and they have 3 days to train and prepare for the weekend game.

If I saw my friend almost die on the pitch, the last thing on my mind would be playing football. It's gonna take a while to get that out of your head.

Ridiculous that Bolton may pull out of FA Cup to avoid a "harrowing" return to WHL.

What are they going to do if they stay up refuse to play there next season?

Can understand postponing 1 game but that should be the limit.

Sorry if that's not politically correct enough for this forum.

I totally understand the sentiments behind some of the posts on here, but to be honest I probably don't hold with them myself. These blokes are adults, and as adults with jobs you have to just get on with it. I'm sure a lot of people on here have had work colleagues almost die, or get seriously injured, but you get on with it.

I worked for Asda when I was younger, and the old Irish bloke who worked the cardboard crushing machine actually fell off a fork lift truck and was crushed to death under a metal cage. It was a bit harrowing, but everyone was in work the next day - we had to deal with it. I sometimes think that footballers have absolutely no idea how the rest of us manage to get on with our lives. Never mind, it's not as if it affects City.

Vinjay said:
Ridiculous that Bolton may pull out of FA Cup to avoid a "harrowing" return to WHL.

What are they going to do if they stay up refuse to play there next season?

Can understand postponing 1 game but that should be the limit.

Sorry if that's not politically correct enough for this forum.

It's not the fact that they will have to return to White Hart Lane at some point, it's that they'll need to return there within a matter of a week or 2 of when the incident occurred. Their next visit to White Hart Lane in the league will be, at the earliest, mid August.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.