Villa vs. City Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancity dan

Great result last night against Sevilla.

What team do you think we will put out against Villa.

For me, I would like the same team, bar KDB in for Bony.

Delph to make an appearance too.

Great result last night against Sevilla.

What team do you think we will put out against Villa.

For me, I would like the same team, bar KDB in for Bony.

Delph to make an appearance too.

Bony has to start for his confidence. KDB on the bench for me as he needs some rest with the internationals coming up.
Can Silva get some minutes here? Want him to be match fit for the Liverpool and Juventus games after the break.

I'd give Kelechi another start. Villa are so poor and are there to be got at. We should have nothing to fear going there with two up front. Same team as against Norwich for me with Sterling starting and Navas given a rest. Obviously they'll have their tails up a bit with the new manager etc but we can really smack these if we turn up

I'd give Kelechi another start. Villa are so poor and are there to be got at. We should have nothing to fear going there with two up front. Same team as against Norwich for me with Sterling starting and Navas given a rest. Obviously they'll have their tails up a bit with the new manager etc but we can really smack these if we turn up
I would start from the premise that we go with the same team as last night, not sure anyone deserves dropping

On paper it's a no-brainer, but I always hate playing against a team that has lost seven on the bounce. Irrespective of the gulf in class, it does often happen that stats and sequences have a nasty habit of overturning form. I've seen it so often, I tell you - sixty-odd years of supporting City.

It all hinges on City reproducing last night's form, or something like it. I'm not being negative or pessimistic, just saying that we should be prepared for something odd, whilst fully expecting that it won't happen. Injuries, pens, bent refs, sending-offs.................I just want a fair crack of the whip from Dame Fortune.

Please no posts saying "City to win 5-0", and all that nonsense. If it is 5-0, I shall humbly eat my words, and my hat.

I expect posts saying "miserable sod". Well, I am. A friend says I remind him of Victor Meldrew.

After a perfect match last night I see City in a blue sky scenario. Strong performance over all. World class striker and OM still to came back. Wow!
Looks like a trap. Don't you get arrogant boys...

Finish Villa in the first half and bring it home safely. No cards, no injuries. Get some youth on deck in H2. Energy safe modus.
Plus having fun on the pitch and pleeease celebrate our blue boys!! The quality of performance on the pitch versus in the stands needs to be adjusted by us clearly. So lets get louder.

What we have learned yesterday: we can trust Pellers. So maybe just for this only one pre match: no lineup coaching in here.

Beating the bottom with a new manager is just about attitude. Dominate Villa and cash in 3 points.

Hate playing against teams with a new manager. Should be simple on paper but it's not played on paper. I'd take a scrappy 1-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.