Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised he played the full 90 mins but maybe pep thought let's see if he can do the full game. Just hope he's going to be ok gutted if he's out for a long time again.

He should get a bollocking for walking off like that, go down and stop the game. I love Kompany, but if this is a recurrence of his inurys then he should quit while he's ahead and take a job at city

I think he is finished unfortunately. Out for 4 months, really slowly nursed back into it and immediately gets injured again. Such a shame because he is outstanding when fit but unfortunately cannot be relied on anymore at all.

Yeah.

You gotta feel for the guy.

Have to hope it is a (minor) new injury and not a repeat of his persistent ones but you start to wonder if he has a muscle problem, full stop? I was never anything more than a purely recreational sportsman but I got to a point (age) where I became much more susceptible to muscle strains; although I was older than Vinnie is but he has put his body through more. Don't know what the science is on this. Just hope last night was one of those things that happens when you have not played much...

Any kind of pain would feel like his world has ended.

It could be everything & it could be absolutely nothing. I have some optimism because imo he looked 3 years younger in his movement last night, compared to recent times. Clearly he was fitter than we have seen him for years.

But we'll just have to see.

Any kind of pain would feel like his world has ended.

It could be everything & it could be absolutely nothing. I have some optimism because imo he looked 3 years younger in his movement last night, compared to recent times. Clearly he was fitter than we have seen him for years.

But we'll just have to see.

No point in jumping to conclusions. He might have overreacted to a twinge and you could not blame him. You have to admire how wholehearted his performance was in the circumstances and does anyone guard the near post better than him?

I thought, more than Pep, Vinny would know more about his body. Im sure the medical staff would be checking with Vinny at half-time & in between if he is doing OK. Vinny isnt a kid. An experienced pro with injury history will know better if he is feeling anything strange during the game. I highly doubt that if that were the case & Vinny wanted to come off, Pep & coaching staff would insist to play him on.

Very strange behavior by Vinny. Neither informed his teammates, nor the medical staff, nor Pep (even when he asked) & just walked off when the match still had 2 minutes left. Highly unprofessional even if he got a serious injury. Clearly he is pissed off? Still not the right thing to do imo. More than anything, he has explaining to do to his teammates & coaching staff to walk off like that. I hv NEVER seen any player go off like that. Hope I am wrong. Maybe the cameras didnt catch the entire event. Hopefully we will get clarity on his condition today.

He was damn solid with some great driving balls today, esp considering he was out for so long. It will be a pity to lose his talent & leadership to a career-threatening injury.

I remember the King fighting to regain full fitness, but it never worked out. Hope Vinny can overcome this and get back on track.
It was just like one of those Bell, Lake moments when you fear that's the last time you'll see them playing competitively. Fingers crossed it's nothing but cramp, tired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.