Vincent Kompany - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newton Heath — now there is how you get "street cred" as the youth say these days.

For the record, I began supporting City in 1989 as soon as I understood what football was. I was drawn to the underachievement and frequent strategy (read management) changes. It spoke to me as a young lad with separated parents from two distinctly different cultures and locales. Also, I liked football but in the ironic way before that became cool 30 years later. It grew from there after many a rain-soaked misery at Maine Road.

I think many supporters in there 30's and 40's were miserable when they were younger so City fit them like a glove.

This whole unfortunate affair with Vinny harkens back to those times of boundless hope and infinite disappointment.

Fair play mate. To begin supporting City in 1989 was at the start of many false dawns. You could never be accused of Glory Hunting.
However it did become 'cool' to support City around that period.

Because he would have made the injury worse,pep said if you are injured you can't stay on the pitch

I think Pep was pretty sarcastic when he said that. He was bewildered too that Vinny just walked off.

Newton Heath — now there is how you get "street cred" as the youth say these days.

For the record, I began supporting City in 1989 as soon as I understood what football was. I was drawn to the underachievement and frequent strategy (read management) changes. It spoke to me as a young lad with separated parents from two distinctly different cultures and locales. Also, I liked football but in the ironic way before that became cool 30 years later. It grew from there after many a rain-soaked misery at Maine Road.

I think many supporters in there 30's and 40's were miserable when they were younger so City fit them like a glove.

This whole unfortunate affair with Vinny harkens back to those times of boundless hope and infinite disappointment.
Supported us after the 5-1.

Another for the list.

Apparently it is muscle fatigue in his groin, he will continue to be assessed by the medical staff but stayed on in Wales and seems to be in good spirits according to the MEN which sounds a bit more encouraging for him.

Great news that it's not a reoccurrence but it is ANOTHER injury. Absolute club legend but Pep will have to base this years success around Ota/Stones and Kolarov

There's nearly 8 months of this season to go.....talk about "jumping the gun'.

Fair play mate. To begin supporting City in 1989 was at the start of many false dawns. You could never be accused of Glory Hunting.
However it did become 'cool' to support City around that period.

You underestimate @SWP's back. ;-)

And I don't recall it becoming 'cool' to support us until around 1992 after we drastically overachieved in Reid's first full season... but I could be misremembering given I was splitting time between Manchester and Zaragoza then (again, the travails of youth) so the trends of the era do get muddled a bit and I was just becoming a bit more self aware at the tender age of 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.