Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me its more about who is available. Lets be honest here Bonnuci is probably not going to be made available and is 30 years old. Laporte wont happen because of last year, Hernandez because of Athletico ban? We really do need a CB so who do we go for?

Do we really need a CB, though?

We looked great in those final two months with Vinny back and even Otamendi looked a class act.

Imagine what Vinny will do for Stones, the best exponent of what Pep is trying to achieve.

Irrespective of Vinny's fitness issues, our failings last season were down to not scoring enough and taking our chances, not him missing.

It was the nature of how we conceded, not the amount (certainly in relation to Spurs) which coloured the narrative of last season.

My opinion is that two world class full backs and the extra firepower will take less onus on us having to have Baresi and Maldini at the back.

Save the £60m, keep Mangala or play Tosin if we have to, and put it down towards securing Mbappe and Sanchez.

So Sunday we are firm favourite to sign vvd and come Monday we've give up? Has bonucci let it be known he's ready to leave juve after another champs lge final defeat?? Something has to be in the pipeline????

His injury is serious enough to end many a career.

Plenty never come back the same player.

Maybe City just don't think the huge price is worth the risk.

i'd assume a risk thing or he just prefers Liverpool(it happens) because he is certainly good enough.

Bonucci has never played in a back 2 in his life? and he is as mistake prone as they come as is.. A much bigger risk for similar money imo

Where is this myth VVD come from, seriously?

We spent £50m on Stones last year, and VVD isn't fit to wipe his backside.

And it's even more of an insult he is being mentioned as the only alternative to someone like a Bonucci.

I'd even take that coward Boateng back ahead of VVD.

Lol, john stones better than van dyke?! There's probably about 1% of football fans in England that would favour stones over van dyke. Stones and van dyke next to each other would of set us up for years.

Anyone jumping on Txiki's back after delivering Silva and Ederson, with Walker and Mendy lined up can get a grip and take a running jump.

Until last week no one even considered VVD a major target, it was between Liverpool and Chelsea.

No way in hell

We over paid for stones, mangala, otemendi

Kdb sterling about right

Jesus sane and Bernardo all look like bargins.

People are saying walker is over priced at £40 million !!!
The best rb in the league ffs

Vvd is not worth more then we paid for KDB

Never ever

Spot on. I think he's a very good player but when I heard the silly figures mentioned the other day for an injured player, I couldn't believe it. I thought someone might go to £45m in today's ridiculous market but never £60m. Time will tell if it's the best use of their resources, and hopefully we're responsible for bidding the price up. Watching them defend last season, you can see why they want him but he's never worth that much. Let them never again say we're responsible for inflating the transfer market.

Do we really need a CB, though?

Honestly yes..

as i posted in the other thread:

1) Kolarov

2) 1 Kompany injury away from point 1 lol

We cannot rely on Kompany to be fit thats our problem as much as it pains me to admit. Well be in 4 comps next season and having only 2 "reliable" CBS in Stones/Otamendi is frightening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.