Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen you set of vaginas, pack it in or I'll swing the ban hammer on this entire fucking thread. You have been warned.

BS - x

I don't think we have any idea whether or not Mangala could do it or not. I'm pretty sure the coaching staff at the club will do by now. I really hope he does have it in his locker. He has the physical attributes to form a partnership with Kompany the same as Lescott did. Lescott couldn't play in the current system but his partnership with Kompany in 2011/12 was probably one of the key reasons we finished joint top.
TOP, not joint top ffs

I don't think we have any idea whether or not Mangala could do it or not. I'm pretty sure the coaching staff at the club will do by now. I really hope he does have it in his locker. He has the physical attributes to form a partnership with Kompany the same as Lescott did. Lescott couldn't play in the current system but his partnership with Kompany in 2011/12 was probably one of the key reasons we finished joint top.
Is your user name a ginger pig reference? Sniff fucking sniff

I wouldn't be remotely against Mangala getting a chance, I thought he should have been given a go last season tbh rather than being shipped out. I do think it could be a risk though because at times when we are really taking risks at the back in terms of knocking it about around opponents who are pressing us, it really does look like a test of a player's nerve and technique and I think there is potential for Mangala's game to unravel. But I do agree with you generally, that's why I always thought Joe should at least have been given a chance to see whether he could hack it. And it also worries me that whenever people discuss CB options, how they actually defend or whether they can organise those around them (which is absolutely key IMO considering that the whole point of buying one really is to drag the likes of Stones and Otamendi through matches when Kompany is injured or rested) doesn't even seem to be a point of discussion half the time.
But from what we understand on Blue Moon Joe`s position was not football connected and the powers that be told Pep they wanted him out.How much truth there is in that I`ve no idea.However,that has come from two distinguished Blue Mooners.
As far as Mango goes his distribution is on par with Joleon ie very telegraphic.I`m not certain he`s the type of player Pep wants,but who knows maybe another season with us and then we can see if Pep can produce miracles. ;)

I don't know if City has been interested in him. Nobody knows. I remember VVD getting a City-top from his teammates to wear in a photosession, so rumours were pretty obvious in those days. Most on here wanted him but as usual, when the transfer seems likely not to happen, suddenly the same persons say we never wanted him or never have been interested in getting VVD in.
Just saying if Pep was interested, he wasn't anymore when VVD claimed he wanted Klopp to be his nexgt manager. And why not, because Klopp is another manager that players love to play for no matter what club he is at. For Pep that statement was end of story and coincidentally it came out City cooled their interest because of the pricetag. The same time Southampton accused Liverpool of tapping up. From than on the coming scenario was only too clear. I doubt it'll end different than what I predict, but we will see.
When you put it like that, it looks as though rather than not wanting to sell that Southampton were more pissed that those comments came out(it does appear Liverpool lean on players to give soundbites more than other clubs will) thus cooling our interest and ending their hopes of a bidding war between the clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.