Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need another powerful, commanding CB apart from Vinnie, Van Dijk is the best available and imo we really need to get him at all costs. If Vinnie gets a long term injury It could destroy our season. I don't know if Pep thinks too much about what will happen when the rags start slinging long balls into our penalty area. They have a team of giants now & will be a handful even with Kompany on the pitch.

Agree. I also agree with the poster above who said he would immediately come in and command a starting position ahead of Stones and Otamendi. We can't afford to have a centre pairing of Stones and Otamendi for any extended period this season, or we will be found out again. Personally thought the defence looked better yesterday after Stones went off. Worrying signs, as City have invested so much in him turning into an elite player. Looks a long way off.
Lol, it is not worrying at all. Otamendi is just a good player, despite the abuse he often gets here. Stones is pretty good, but Otamendi is better. And it's no surprise we look better when Otamendi came in. It was the more likely outcome.

But trust a majority of our fans not to note that improvement and ascribe it accordingly. Had it been Kompany who came in though, it would have been very quickly noted and used as another sign post of how we can't survive Kompany injury. Strange how bias works like that.

I'll get my coat. And yeah, Muniesa is coming soon :P

Both are very good on the ball but suffer from making defensive mistakes. Otamendi spends far too much time on his arse for my liking.
In the preseason and season games, do you want to proffer a guess as to who has a higher slide tackle rate of our 3 defenders? Ota, Kompany or Stones.

The answer may give you pause... or not.

According to The Times, Southampton's new owner is skint, borrowed most of the money, has said there is no money for transfers.

In the preseason and season games, do you want to proffer a guess as to who has a higher slide tackle rate of our 3 defenders? Ota, Kompany or Stones.

The answer may give you pause... or not.
There's a big difference between a successful slide tackle and misjudging, going to ground early and being beaton all ends up. I see Otamendi doing the latter, he can be having a great game then boom stupid rash challenge.

We need to give them anything they want for him. No chance of winning the league with these CBs.

Can't understand why a top class CB has not been bought.

VVD or Sanchez??? Only a lunatic would prefer Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.