Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have i missed something?
A few days a go, Pep was asked directly if we were in for him. Pep replied "No, never..."

Maybe for the same reason I didn't post after we beat you 4-1 in 2015 at your place? A respect thing maybe?

What Coutinho money?

If you read what I said, I was referring to Klopp not Liverpool. At Dortmund he beat Bayern Munich to the Bundesliga title when clearly he had much less resources than Bayern.

And the mask falls

One of the best back 4's in the prem when looking at the stats......Ota just signed an extension and Stones having one of the best seasons in his career before injury.....No way did we need to throw 75mil at a CB. We need to add to the squad to strengthen the position but we where never going to spend this type of money on VVD. I see us signing a 25-35mil type player like Martinez...

Maybe for the same reason I didn't post after we beat you 4-1 in 2015 at your place? A respect thing maybe?

What Coutinho money?

If you read what I said, I was referring to Klopp not Liverpool. At Dortmund he beat Bayern Munich to the Bundesliga title when clearly he had much less resources than Bayern.

Apologies on that read it sober now

VvD is our best centre back for sure, how he compares to others in the league I guess time will tell. Please don't underestimate Klopp's coaching ability, his record may not be as good as Guardiola's, Mourinho's or even Wenger's but he has previously had decent success with limited resources. Now that FSG appear to be backing him, the quality of our squad will keep improving I hope. We will be happy this season to get back in the CL and if we do that its money well spent. You guys have the league this season already so I guess you are aspiring to win Big Ears as your next step forward?
Hey with this signing it could be your year next year.

Many on here clearly thought that VVD was a player we would and should have gone for , but it was not to be , for whatever reason.

Pep has said he wasn't interested , and whether that is true or not, we will never know.

Please don't fall to the Rags level by slagging VVD off before he has even played for the Dippers. He may well prove himself to be a very good defender for them, but I doubt that he can single handedly sort out their defensive problems, as Mignolet is a disaster waiting to happen , and is not alone.

We will no doubt sign player(s) who will help us strengthen the team, and continue to progress so all is promising fellow Blues.

Many on here clearly thought that VVD was a player we would and should have gone for , but it was not to be , for whatever reason.

Pep has said he wasn't interested , and whether that is true or not, we will never know.

Please don't fall to the Rags level by slagging VVD off before he has even played for the Dippers. He may well prove himself to be a very good defender for them, but I doubt that he can single handedly sort out their defensive problems, as Mignolet is a disaster waiting to happen , and is not alone.

We will no doubt sign player(s) who will help us strengthen the team, and continue to progress so all is promising fellow Blues.
We got an improving mangler and young tosin to back up Nico and stonesy, if we get to April injury free in that area then we're home and dry, vinnie might make a guest appearance in a couple of matches but that's blind faith on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.