Wages for Teams in the PL

mancity dan

The media were all over us like flies around shit when we posted our most recent accounts to say that we had paid out £233m in wages. How do our wages compare to the other clubs in the PL? As I am sure I have seen somewhere that Liverpool's wages were over £200m now too. Does anyone know where I can find a list or post it on here?

2012 mind, cant get the current ones yet.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/18/premier-league-finances-club-by-club" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ub-by-club</a>

1st. Manchester City £202m
2nd. Chelsea £174m
3rd. Scum £162m
4th. Arsenal £143m
5th. Liverpool £119m
6th. Spuds £90m<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:41 am --<br /><br />Liverpool gone up along with the Chavs and the scum, Spuds must have gone up with the size of the squad, we should be around the same level once we're not paying off management.

most recent wages (2012-13 season)

Manchester City: 233.1 million
Manchester United: 180.5 million
Chelsea: 172.6 million
Arsenal: 154.5 million
Liverpool: 130.8 million

bleed.blue said:

Chelsea's wages have dropped over the 3 years shown whereas other clubs shown have all gone up. However when looking at raw data such as this there are all sorts of things that need to be factored in. For instance a lot of clubs have out sourced certain functions either in full or part such as security, catering, maintenance etc whereas others still keep far more in house. These sort of functions can account for millions and distort the figures

bleed.blue said:

The rags have the second highest wages. No, no, no. Rag players are paid in the glory of playing for the rags.

Skashion said:
bleed.blue said:

The rags have the second highest wages. No, no, no. Rag players are paid in the glory of playing for the rags.

Thats right. Its just the money they show in their books. My guess is the glazers are siphoning off this 180 odd million every year :)

@terraloon: Chelsea's wage bill has fallen over the last few years because they have let go their old high earners like Drobga, Anelka, Alex, Kalou, Bosingwa etc and replaced them with younger players on lower wages. Also their poor league performances over the last few years means they would have paid lesser in bonuses.

Skashion said:
bleed.blue said:

I thought they'd all be on the minimum wage with them all being local lads

bleed.blue said:
Skashion said:
bleed.blue said:

Thats right. Its just the money they show in their books. My guess is the glazers are siphoning off this 180 odd million every year :)

@terraloon: Chelsea's wage bill has fallen over the last few years because they have let go their old high earners like Drobga, Anelka, Alex, Kalou, Bosingwa etc and replaced them with younger players on lower wages. Also their poor league performances over the last few years means they would have paid lesser in bonuses.

You are of course right that some of the big earners have now gone and to the names you suggest you can add the likes of Moulda and Ferria. Having said that Hazard & Torres don't come cheap. Nor do the likes of Terry, Cole & Lampard whose contracts end at the end of the season and I guess with the exception of maybe Terry not be offered a new contract or if they are at a vastly reduced rate.
As for poor league performances that's a fair point but finishing 2nd, 6th and 3rd maybe wasn't great but no doubt some of the teams whose wages have grown by a significant % in that same period would have been very happy with such poor performances.
I would also add that during the three year period in question you too had a 2nd & 3rd place and yes you did win the league in 2011/12 and no doubt paid big bonuses but of course that was the season we won the CL and in all probability paid out quite significant bonuses.

From what I can gather for our next set of accounts as we won't have the pay off to Bobby Manc et al and we have re-signed new deals for a number of players as well as getting Tevez, Balo, Toure etc off the wage bill, that our Annual wage should come under £200m.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.