Wasting free kicks

Groke

We just don't seem to take advantage of them this season. Around the area we just seem to do that ineffective floated chip that gets nowhere, further out it is usually a quick short pass that invariably ends up with Hart.

Yup was shite on several occasions, one that really pissed me off was when we had one on edge of box ready to whip in which ended two passes later in our 18 yards

Corners, free kicks, all set pieces. Utter shocking and have been for some time.

Utter dross. We really need to put the hours in on the training ground with a few aspects of our all-round performances.

Corners as well.

Those fucking outswingers do my head in.

Need someone other than Dave on them.

I'm amazed that we scored so many goals from corners last season, but I don't that's anything to do with the quality of them or the instructions of the manager, but more the dominance of Vince and the sheer volume of corners we've had. This season, I bet we've got one of the lowest corner conversion rates in Europe.

Fame Monster said:
Corners as well.

I'm amazed that we scored so many goals from corners last season, but I don't that's anything to do with the quality of them or the instructions of the manager, but more the dominance of Vince and the sheer volume of corners we've had. This season, I bet we've got one of the lowest corner conversion rates in Europe.
Anyone but Nasri, Silva and Kolarov. If I took 200 corners for City a season, I'd get a couple of assists. Is there anyone else who is actually capable of taking a good corner on our team, because those three certainly can't of late (bar Arsenal).

Fame Monster said:
Corners as well.

YES FUCKING PLEASE. I'm 100% sure our under 10s can put in a better corners than dave is. fantastic footballer otherwise but that can't be argued. and the finger points at Pellegrini as he's surely the one who picks him to take those.

Free kicks - they must practice these continuously in training. You know the ones. Someone rolls the ball, another player stops it and a third runs in to shoot. You can clearly see that they've spent hours on these in training. The only problem was that when they practiced them on Monday, no Roma players ran at the ball. You'd think they'd do the decent thing and give our players at least some warning that they intend to block the eventual shot. Plain bad manners and something our players shouldn't be held responsible.

Corners - during the first half tonight, Silva went to the home supporters' side of the South Stand. Jesus Navas offered him the short option. Silva, as usual, took him up on this option rather than get a cross into the penalty area. The ball was played back to David Silva whilst Zabaleta came forward to help out and for the next 30-40 seconds, the three of them worked the ball in a triangle with some neat passing, trying their upmost to find the chance to get a cross into the box. I take my hat off to such intelligent football and curse Andy Hinchcliffe with his drilled, inswinging corners to the far post.

It was atrocious. Virtually every single FK we had we played short and squandered, haven't seen us deploy it in the Premier League and I hope that's the last I've seen of them tonight. Shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.