Watch_Dogs - step aside GTA

mcfc2607 said:
GTA V Looks good the map is 4 times bigger then that of GTA IV
not sure when it's out.

There is no evidence for this. Dan Houser has said that it's the largest yet, but other than that there has been no indication of the size.

GStar said:
GTA has always been a pretty 'simple' game.

This looks like it could go way above anything GTA has ever done (mostly drive, shoot, drive, repeat).

In what way do you mean simple mate? I agree that most of the missions are pretty similar, i.e. they involve driving somewhere and shooting someone. But in overall terms, I've never seen a game with anywhere near the complexity of GTA. That's why it takes hundreds of people several years to make each one. The physics, pedestrian detail, humour and continuity simply aren't seen in any other games yet.

Lets keep on topic, here is a seperate thread for GTA 5.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=237534&p=5659446#p5659446" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=237534&p=5659446#p5659446</a>

Stuuuuuu said:
mcfc2607 said:
GTA V Looks good the map is 4 times bigger then that of GTA IV
not sure when it's out.

There is no evidence for this. Dan Houser has said that it's the largest yet, but other than that there has been no indication of the size.

I read that its 4 times bigger too. I think they invited a journalist to see it for a bit and he just said that in his opinion it looks 4 times bigger.

My mate told me before that he read up on Watch_Dog and apparently it's fire for release early 2013 so will most likely feature on this gen consoles but will just push them to the max!!

Good news as this had become my 2nd most anticipated game behind AC3..... Funny how both are designed by Ubisoft!

GStar said:
PSmyth07 said:
Usually in substitute to gameplay though. Looks good though, think GTA 5 will be better.

The graphics are the best i think i've ever seen (although i'm starting to get disappointed with this gen console graphics, i'd have thought we'd have moved further on by now)

This to me is where GTA-V should have gone (hacking into phones, CCTV, traffic lights etc through the use of smart phones and ipads. It all seems very current.

I don't see how GTV will top this, but tbf i haven't seen anything from them yet.
MS and Sony both said there consoles would last 10 years(both came out in 2005).
Having said that it wouldn't be surprised if it was announced at next years E3, they have already made the developers prototype of the new Xbox so that devs can work with it.
Also I read some where that Watch dogs is supposed to support next gen graphics, but don't know how true that is.

i do like the idea of hacking and using it to your advantage to get things done, like you said it seems current and its an interesting way to go with it all. The bit at the end where he makes the bridge go up so he can escape is cool and adds a new dynamic to get away from cops and the like.
They haven't said for certain but it does look like it will support drop in and out multiplayer too, which is nice.

Stuuuuuu said:
GStar said:
GTA has always been a pretty 'simple' game.

This looks like it could go way above anything GTA has ever done (mostly drive, shoot, drive, repeat).

In what way do you mean simple mate? I agree that most of the missions are pretty similar, i.e. they involve driving somewhere and shooting someone. But in overall terms, I've never seen a game with anywhere near the complexity of GTA. That's why it takes hundreds of people several years to make each one. The physics, pedestrian detail, humour and continuity simply aren't seen in any other games yet.

Exactly the missions are the same, the map is big, but also restrictive and pretty linear; you can't explore every building etc

The graphics have been done in RDR and in LA Noire; admittedly one of those was also developed by RS.

It could be hype but it genuinely seems like Ubisoft are onto something with this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.