Water damaged phone

If you tried powering on the phone after water had got into it then odds are that you've blown the electronics in it and it's fucked. If you ever get your phone wet, turn it off immediately take battery/sim out and wrap in towel and put on the heater for a month or so, or put it in a bowl of UNCOOKED rice and all the moisture will be absorbed by the rice.

M22 Blue said:
If you tried powering on the phone after water had got into it then odds are that you've blown the electronics in it and it's fucked. If you ever get your phone wet, turn it off immediately take battery/sim out and wrap in towel and put on the heater for a month or so, or put it in a bowl of UNCOOKED rice and all the moisture will be absorbed by the rice.
Unless you have a iPhone in which case keep flushing the toilet

My Blackberry got shite loads of beer spilled over it, it broke and just had a white screen. I sent it off to be fixed but they said there was nothing they could do about it, but when they sent it back it was working again.

My sister blow dried hers straight after dropping it in the bog and put in in a bowl of rice, it eventually started working again.

M22 Blue said:

Yeah I switched it back on and I've fried it,lesson learn there.
I've bought a replacement phone since so thats not the problem its more all the stuff that had on the old phone that was trying to recover.
Found a company that say they can replace components etc and wondered if anybody had any experience with the or if they were just a scam.

There are waterproof phones on the market, especially designed for clumsy bastar...........oh fuck, I've just dropped my phone down the shitter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.