Watford (H) Post Match Thread

have the 3rd tier from east or west as the family stand.

We need to have more fans behind the goal for the north.

Its embarrasing
I would imagine that there are many people in the upper tiers of both the East and Colin Bell stands who would take great exception to being moved behind the goals. I'm in EL304, sitting in around the same position I used to stand in the "old" Kippax. The view is superb, you can see moves building up, and it's dry up here! I'm sure @Dave Ewing's Back 'eader would agree from his eyrie in the Colin Bell stand. On the odd occasion I go to away matches, mainly these days to Wembley (!), I try to get a seat high up towards the middle of the side stands. My days of standing behind the goals are long gone, I'm pleased to say.

I quite agree that the "family stand", whist originally a laudable idea, doesn't really do the job for a variety of reasons, which everyone knows about and has been mentioned many times before. If the "family" supporters there were confined to the upper tier of that stand and the lower tier was for the more vocal element of our support, this would be a more than acceptable compromise. It would also resolve the "empty seats" conundrum much advanced by our (many) detractors, even more so if the tickets were competitively priced.

Another problem is that of the weather. The prevailing winds in the area are from the south west, and when it rains the supporters in the bottom tier in particular get soaked. This means they move further back to stay dry, and the seating empties quickly - not good for our image. Last night, the rain was coming across from the South stand end, and there appeared to be a mass exodus going on.

When the rebuilding of that stand has been completed, we may see if our dreams have been fulfilled so that the atmosphere is improved. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Very sloppy in the 2nd half. I know the game was over and energy conservation was the name of the game, but it wasn't good.
Great to see Dave back And his passes led to two early goals but his booking for trying to win the ball back was pathetic. If the ref was booking for that why was the card not brandished 8 or 9 times for Watford fouls?
Finally on to Sergio. He currently needs 4 or 5 giIt edge chances to score 1 goal. In his pomp it was 2 great chances per goal. The drop in performance is starting to concern me. Is his heel injury worse than we think? Do we need Sanchez to put trophies in the cabinet? Probably.

Last edited:
Very sloppy in the 2nd half. I know the game was over and energy conservation was the name of the game, but it wasn't good.
Great to see Dave back And his passes led to two early goals but his booking for trying to win the ball back was pathetic. If the ref was booking for that why was the card not brandished 8 or 9 times for Watford fouls?
Finally on to Sergio. He currently needs 4 or 5 giIt edge chances to score 1 goal. In his pomp it was 2 great chances per goal. The drop in performance is starting to concern me. Is his heel injury worse than we think? Do we need Sanchez to put trophies in the cabinet? Probably.

To be fair I thought we were okay. Don't forget we've had a horrendous amount of games with key injuries. I thought we still coasted it although it's obvious that we need a few higher quality squad players.

for a phd in mathematics that is a ridiculous post. nothing except zero is practically zero.

what formula did you use to derive that figure? Or have you plucked it out of your arse?

show your work

Sorry what was that I was busy watching Chelsea drop points

Prob of Chelsea getting 94 points 0.000306 basic conditional probability formulas

To be fair I thought we were okay. Don't forget we've had a horrendous amount of games with key injuries. I thought we still coasted it although it's obvious that we need a few higher quality squad players.
I guess we were OK - it has been an incredibly punishing schedule in December and the Christmas New Year period. My new years resolution is to wait a bit before procrastinating.
That said, we need a YaYa replacement as soon as possible. An injury to Fernandinho could be costly - though Delph or Stones could fill in there if pushed (Delph if we get a better left back alternative than Danilo).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.