WC organisation reflects badly on club

Plain Speaking

Guys some important feedback for the club to improve visitors perception of Manchester City stadium from last night.

Please avoid the particular bag search system that was implemented last night for the rugby world cup game. It was dangerous, incredibly frustrating for the fans and cost the club a fortune in lost pre-match sales.

We have season tickets and the normal City match day experience is first class.

Last night badly implemented queueing systems on the main stadium approach led to delays of an hour for fans. Time that would have been spent spending money pre-match and creating a positive image of our wonderful stadium and club.

Equally important the barriers went instantaneously from full width, say 5m to less than 1m. This dangerously funneled the fans and could have led to serious injury. I spoke to a steward later and he said there had been some fighting from the normally mild mannered rugby fans, due to crushing of children.

As a City fan, I was disappointed and embarrassed last night, for the negative image such a system projected for our great club.

I am not trying to get anyone in trouble, the night was a great success. Credit to all the hard working staff for that, but please plan and implement the queueing and bag search system better next time.

Thanks

Last edited:
It was how it was done was that was the problem. Not the requirement for a bag search in itself.
As has been said, nothing at all to do with City
I was down at the ground on Friday morning and it had been taken over by the RFU, even the club shop was shut for two days.

I then went to Piccadilly station which was being redesigned to channel fans in all sorts of directions, and when I can back yesterday there were barriers everywhere round the bus drop off

Perhaps you ought to address your concerns to the RFU,Twickenham

I was down at the ground on Friday morning and it had been taken over by the RFU, even the club shop was shut for two days.

I then went to Piccadilly station which was being redesigned to channel fans in all sorts of directions, and when I can back yesterday there were barriers everywhere round the bus drop off

Did the RFU make us close our Shop? Opportunity missed if it was our decision.

Did the RFU make us close our Shop? Opportunity missed if it was our decision.
Tbh I don't know, I thought it would be an opportunity missed too.

However I got there at 9.30 and there were signs on the door saying it was shut till Monday.
Had to go to the outside ticket sales to buy Sevilla tickets.

I thought it was an opportunity missed but just assumed they wouldn't want to see a slick and professional operation compared to the shite England Rugby rip off

Why was such a crowd control system needed? All the entrances have huge signs and it's hardly a compact and narrow outer concourse.
I assume the turnstile letters are shown on a ground plan on the back of the tickets. Perhaps rugby fans can't read.

Perhaps you're right.
I spoke to a policeman about it last night and he said it was the club that had implemented it, however it seems he was misinformed

Nevertheless, I'm sure our stadium staff should be available to handover and give advice to RFU staff.

There could have been injuries last night and it is in everyone's interests to avoid those.

Our stadium staff should be experts on the stadium and its facilities and can learn from a badly planned and implemented system by the RFU. Our staff should be available to protect the interests/reputation of the club and avoid injury.

I will perhaps contact the RFU in addition, thanks PB and squirty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.