We are the most valuable club in the PL

Prestwich_Blue

A lecturer in football finance at Liverpool Uni has analysed all the PL clubs' accounts for 2016 and applied a valuation method called the Markham Multivariate Model (MMM). This was developed by a guy called Dr Tom Markham and claims to be the most accurate model for valuing companies, particularly football clubs. For those interested it's a calculation based on net assets, revenue and net profits.

Using it, we come out valued at just under £2.3bn and the rags are just behind us at £2.23bn. Then come Arsenal, Spurs & Chelsea all valued at over £1bn but Liverpool, in sixth place, are quite a way behind in value at £590m. So Sheikh Mansour has nearly doubled his investment.

Here's the full table:

Last edited:
What are the numbers in brackets?

Think its supposed to be last seasons finishing position, but errors like that don't fill me with a lot of confidence to the validity of these figure they have arrived at. However, it would justify the amount that the Chinese paid for 13% of CFG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.