'We have a squad capable of top 6 at least'

nick.nikky said:
--------------Hart---------------
Corluka---Micah----Dunne---Ball
------Fernandes----Johnson-----
Ireland--------Elano-------Petrov
---------------------Benjani--------------------

Reserves: Vassell, Sturridge, Bojinov, Nedum, Caicedo, Geovanni, Hamann, Garrido, Etuhu...

If someone last season would have told us that Sven would have 70M to strenghten the team with a striker, a dm, a rm, a lb and cb - a team that still managed to be pretty hard do break down and were within a shout of the top six til the very end inspite of Frank's dealings and, oh let's not forget, a defensive line without Micah, Dunne and Nedum and with f-ing Jihai and Elano in it at periods - any f-ing one of us would have taken it. Just imagine our basic game plus SWP, Jo, Kompany, TBH, Zabaleta and Robinho...
Very good except that our "basic game" for the second half of the season was no better than it is now. We had a bounce under a new manager/owner but the effect wore off and the same players playing shit then are playing shit now.

nick.nikky said:
I'm all for stability and I've had to bite my toungue, actually agreeing with some of the semi-racist numpties that suggested it was a good idea to let Sven go for a (keyword) british manager, but the man is a complete waste of space. There's no defence for it. It's like someones shat a pile of Barca-strategy into his head without a single clue on what the pragmatics of the game is.

And that's what makes great managers great - pragmatics. They know when to tighten a shit squad to make them hard to break down, and they know when to allow free flow.
Exactly what Hughes did at Blackburn.

nick.nikky said:
ALL the great managers do this. And ALL of them, get's slaughtered by idiots who wants "more urgency" or "a less pessimistic approach". And NONE of the critics or their respective coaches of choice... has ever won anything of stature - let alone been able to repeat it.
You're a critic. And you've won...?

The rest of your post is an absolute pile of psycho-babble worthy of Private Eye's Pseuds Corner. Your form has dipped worse than Richards' mate.

Disturbance said:
Challenger1978 said:
Wow that was just brilliant and one of the best posts i've read in a long time.

An out-fucking-standing post. Bravo nick
I've been wondering how long it would be before you posted this. As someone who really does understand the game you have highlighted the man management skills he lacks without even touching on his appalling tactics!
After 35 years of ardently supporting every manager this club has had, I have for the first time risen against my own manager - something I am not proud of, but for reasons highlighted in Nicky's post above, I can only conclude that he hasn't got a fucking clue of how to manage world class players.
He's dismantled a team capable of reaching top 6 - that's the point.

Fantastic post Nick

Prestwich_Blue said:
nick.nikky said:
--------------Hart---------------
Corluka---Micah----Dunne---Ball
------Fernandes----Johnson-----
Ireland--------Elano-------Petrov
---------------------Benjani--------------------

Reserves: Vassell, Sturridge, Bojinov, Nedum, Caicedo, Geovanni, Hamann, Garrido, Etuhu...

If someone last season would have told us that Sven would have 70M to strenghten the team with a striker, a dm, a rm, a lb and cb - a team that still managed to be pretty hard do break down and were within a shout of the top six til the very end inspite of Frank's dealings and, oh let's not forget, a defensive line without Micah, Dunne and Nedum and with f-ing Jihai and Elano in it at periods - any f-ing one of us would have taken it. Just imagine our basic game plus SWP, Jo, Kompany, TBH, Zabaleta and Robinho...
Very good except that our "basic game" for the second half of the season was no better than it is now. We had a bounce under a new manager/owner but the effect wore off and the same players playing shit then are playing shit now.

nick.nikky said:
I'm all for stability and I've had to bite my toungue, actually agreeing with some of the semi-racist numpties that suggested it was a good idea to let Sven go for a (keyword) british manager, but the man is a complete waste of space. There's no defence for it. It's like someones shat a pile of Barca-strategy into his head without a single clue on what the pragmatics of the game is.

And that's what makes great managers great - pragmatics. They know when to tighten a shit squad to make them hard to break down, and they know when to allow free flow.

nick.nikky said:
ALL the great managers do this. And ALL of them, get's slaughtered by idiots who wants "more urgency" or "a less pessimistic approach". And NONE of the critics or their respective coaches of choice... has ever won anything of stature - let alone been able to repeat it.

The rest of your post is an absolute pile of psycho-babble worthy of Private Eye's Pseuds Corner. Your form has dipped worse than Richards' mate.
give over, Hughes has put this club back at least 12 months - I suppose you still don't think we're in a relgation battle yet?

quite unbelievable...

biffa said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

give over, Hughes has put this club back at least 12 months - I suppose you still don't think we're in a relgation battle yet?

quite unbelievable...

We're in the bottom three sure enough but we're not even halfway through the season. If we're stil there in March then we're in a relegation battle and if Hughes has spent money and that's the case then he will go.

Of that team, Corluka is gone, Petrov is injured, Johnson is a basket case, Fernandes, Dunne, Ball & Benjani aren't good enough, Elano doesn't fancy it, Richards has lost it, hopefully temporarily but the signs were there last season. Sven did well to make that lot play at al but even he couldn't sustain it for more than half a season.

Amazing how nick.nikky can tell us all exactly what's wrong from the comfort of his Swedish armchair.

Prestwich_Blue said:
biffa said:

quite unbelievable...

We're in the bottom three sure enough but we're not even halfway through the season. If we're stil there in March then we're in a relegation battle and if Hughes has spent money and that's the case then he will go.

Of that team, Corluka is gone, Petrov is injured, Johnson is a basket case, Fernandes, Dunne, Ball & Benjani aren't good enough, Elano doesn't fancy it, Richards has lost it, hopefully temporarily but the signs were there last season. Sven did well to make that lot play at al but even he couldn't sustain it for more than half a season.

Amazing how nick.nikky can tell us all exactly what's wrong from the comfort of his Swedish armchair.
It's a bit wierd, but he does make some good points Prestwich...
I suppose I'm worried that we won't be getting rid of Hughes until it's too late, I just don't want to see us go even further backwards.

Sorry if I've been a bit harsh here but Nick's posts are always a bit "left-field" although usually well thought out and entertaining. This one annoyed me because it's part talking out of his backside and part gratuitous insults. Plus he's very much changed his tune from four months ago.

And why shouldn't we be where we are - most of our players are Championship standard. Zabaleta, Kompany, SWP, Ireland & Robinho are the only fit, class players we have at the moment. It ain't enough.

Ducado said:
If the rumours are true, there is not a lot they can do is there?

Well there is actually. Rather than hang the kid out to dry in the press as they've done twice now, they can try and help him.

If he's got mental and motivational issues (as Bowen has suggested) get a professional in to deal with him. Give him something to be motivated about (how about a game in the cup in Jan if you can pass these targets in training). How about a few weeks away from the training ground like the drunk over the road gave Ronaldo a few years ago.

If he's got problems with the nights out and the booze get someone in to help him with it. Give a clear direction of what is expected and what isn't. Have a teammate spend a bit more time with him and try and get him back on track.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Sorry if I've been a bit harsh here but Nick's posts are always a bit "left-field" although usually well thought out and entertaining. This one annoyed me because it's part talking out of his backside and part gratuitous insults. Plus he's very much changed his tune from four months ago.

I think that goes for the majority of us really,fact is we were top 4 on this time last year, now we are bottom 3 dont think we are in for a relegation battle, but i did expect us to be in the top 6 at least by christmas.

Prestwich_Blue said:
And why shouldn't we be where we are - most of our players are Championship standard. Zabaleta, Kompany, SWP, Ireland & Robinho are the only fit, class players we have at the moment. It ain't enough.

How did we get to 9th last season with the same "championship standard" players?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.