We now need to sign a big name more than ever...

Emarati*Soccer*Star said:
We should consider signing Ismail Matar . He is an outstanding player with exellent abilities, he has been voted for the best youth footballer in the world in 2003....now he is 26 but he is worth every penny...his market value is around 10million sterling but believe me he is woth it...this is a link to one of his goals <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUzNMGLiA0s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUzNMGLiA0s</a> ..... ..chears and NJOY :) ...dont 4get 2 judge him..tell me if u need more videos..

Please stop pimping this guy, it is the third post in a row where you have done it.
He seems like a player who will do well in a league that isn't as physically demanding, as to be honest, he's not lightning fast nor is he the strongest. He is, however, an excellent finisher of the ball, and his control looked pretty decent from the clips that I've seen of him. One for the lower teams in Italy, and see how it goes form there.

To be honest, I would love to see guys from the UAE making it big in the big leagues in Europe for two reasons:
1) It would be good for the national game
2) It would make us a fortune.

ono said:
I think we should move for Forlan.

Forget his time at the Swamp. He is a quality goal-scorer now. Scored almost equal number of goals with both feet last season. Almost a goal a game - amazing season. Twice European golden boot winner. Buy out clause of £36m euro. Would be hungry to prove a point in England and would fit ina very similar fashion to Eto'o.

I don't get this idea at all. Sure he's had a good season in Spain but there's many a player who has proved capable of doing the business in Europe but completely unable to do it in the Premier League. Forlan has already proved he's one of these IMO... 17 goals in 93 appearances for the Rags. He's already 30yo too so he's not likely to get any better.

Cheesy said:
ono said:

Forget his time at the Swamp. He is a quality goal-scorer now. Scored almost equal number of goals with both feet last season. Almost a goal a game - amazing season. Twice European golden boot winner. Buy out clause of £36m euro. Would be hungry to prove a point in England and would fit ina very similar fashion to Eto'o.

I don't get this idea at all. Sure he's had a good season in Spain but there's many a player who has proved capable of doing the business in Europe but completely unable to do it in the Premier League. Forlan has already proved he's one of these IMO... 17 goals in 93 appearances for the Rags. He's already 30yo too so he's not likely to get any better.

*cough*Kanoute*cough*

Cheesy said:
ono said:

We all know Forlan never properly settled at the rags. He'd just moved from South America, was a fairly young lad with a bit of expectation, it doesn't always work out well and when you're in and out of the side it's difficult. He's a much better player now though. Much better. In fact he's so much better it's unreal. He carried Atletico to the champions league, hell at times he carried Aguero. He's an out and out goals-scorer. 32 goals in 33 games is much more than a 'good season'

There was never any guarantee that Eto'o would be the man given that his scoring record was built in Spain. As was Villa's and Torres. What Forlan has that Eto'o doesn't have is experience from the first time. Added to that he has confidence and a point to prove. I know i'm not going to change your mind but at the end of the day, we create chances and he scores a shit load of goals.

United didnt let him go, they offered him a five year contract and as much as i hate them, they dont as a rule offer shite players five year contracts. Oh by the way he is also a regular for Argentina, maybe he is a big name player afterall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.