We will never win back to back titles

chris85mcfc said:
OB1 said:
chris85mcfc said:
No you're right, which begs the question, why isn't he able to get us punching above our weight this season?

Lots of reasons have been put forward for why City are under-performing this season but, whatever the reasons, the season is not over yet so we do not for sure how it will be viewed come the end of May.

See this is where im stuck, last season I was of this view that I just couldn't put my finger on the problem, obviously some fingers were pointed at it being his first season, some were pointed at new style of play and some were at new players being embedded

The one glaring difference is that at the start of last season we were playing some fantastic football, we wiped the floor with teams at home but individual mistakes were costing us away from home.

But this season im struggling to think of a game where we have even shown glimpses of what we can produce, that can be seen as a positive or a negative depending on which way you look at it, but the main worry is whether Pellegrini can get us playing like that again

Your expectations are too high and the reason they are too high is because of the manager you're calling a 'stop gap'. Surely you can see the irony in that.

Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:
OB1 said:
Lots of reasons have been put forward for why City are under-performing this season but, whatever the reasons, the season is not over yet so we do not for sure how it will be viewed come the end of May.

See this is where im stuck, last season I was of this view that I just couldn't put my finger on the problem, obviously some fingers were pointed at it being his first season, some were pointed at new style of play and some were at new players being embedded

The one glaring difference is that at the start of last season we were playing some fantastic football, we wiped the floor with teams at home but individual mistakes were costing us away from home.

But this season im struggling to think of a game where we have even shown glimpses of what we can produce, that can be seen as a positive or a negative depending on which way you look at it, but the main worry is whether Pellegrini can get us playing like that again

Your expectations are too high and the reason they are too high is because of the manager you're calling a 'stop gap'. Surely you can see the irony in that.

OK, so what exactly are our expectations then?

Just to throw it out there, my expectations, and I imagine the owners expectations were to qualify out of our CL group this season, as well as trying to maintain our league title

Granted the latter isn't over just yet, but we are all but out of the CL and the league cup by the end of November, and like i said the other week, if we don't beat Swansea AND Southampton, the league campaign could be over by the time little Timmy has even thought about what to write on his Christmas list

chris85mcfc said:
OB1 said:
chris85mcfc said:
No you're right, which begs the question, why isn't he able to get us punching above our weight this season?

I disagree that we have not shown any glimpses: I think we have played some very good football at points through the season but we have not been consistent.

I have no doubt that Pellegrini can get us playing the sort of stuff we did last season. We have started all of one league game with Aguero, Yaya, Silva and Nasri in the side - ironically Stoke - and not one with those four plus Fernandinho in the staring line-up. If our best XI could be consistently available for selection and Pellegrini would pick them for a few consecutive games, I would expect to see performances improve.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
mosssideblue said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Come back at 1645hrs on Saturday evening..

Why?

Ahhh my stalker is at it again.
Why,because we will draw on Saturday and CHelsea will then be 10 points clear....
But you keep believing fella,it's very admirable.

Call me a negative c**t or whatever. I may be but the reason for my negativity is the dross that we have been served up this season. At least I am consistent. Still I will be there Saturday,singing my heart out as per normal and hoping that we get the result (Which will all but paper over very many cracks). It's called being a realist

No need to stalk, its only a matter of time before you start up on your "we are doomed" crusade.

Can I ask a favour of you though, with your obvious ability to see into the future, will you give me Friday's Euromillions numbers?

Ta

Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:
OB1 said:

It was his harrumphing of the phrase 'we all know' that tickled me even more than the term 'stop gap'. I mean; the concept of a top European club as well run as City appointing a 'stop gap' is funny enough: you wouldn't get such idiocy at Burton Albion, let alone Manchester City.

But the concept of the whole of this forum in its entirety knowing secrets that the rest of the football world, the entire staff of Manchester City and the whole world's press don't have a clue about is quite frankly beautiful.

Didsbury Dave said:
Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:

It was his harrumphing of the phrase 'we all know' that tickled me even more than the term 'stop gap'. I mean; the concept of a top European club as well run as City appointing a 'stop gap' is funny enough: you wouldn't get such idiocy at Burton Albion, let alone Manchester City.

But the concept of the whole of this forum in its entirety knowing secrets that the rest of the football world, the entire staff of Manchester City and the whole world's press don't have a clue about is quite frankly beautiful.

Lets just thanks our lucky stars that they didn't read this 'quite frankly beautiful' article

<a class="postlink" href="http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article</a> ... GuLocme7wI

You're right, this forum really are a bunch of know-nowts :)

Your link doesn't work, pal, but if you've been clicking on my name and frantically searching back on my blogs from years ago then that's amused me even more.

Please say you did. I love it when people do that. Makes me feel like Peirs Morgan being trolled by Daz The Apprentice Brickie from Dudley ;-)

To return to the OP's original point only Rags under a fantastic motivator and Chelsea under an even better manager have retained PL. It's a very tough task.
Arsenal with Henry, Bergkamp, Paddy V et al never managed it.
There's an emotional letdown after winning a close race and with a lot of our top players also playing hugely draining WC matches while many others are on the beach recharging in advance of a full preseason we were always going to be up against it.
Add to that the handcuffs that FFP has put on our business I'm not surprised but am disappointed in the way the season has begun.

We will do a back to back title performance in the near future IMO but not this season and not under Pelle as he won't be around beyond summer 2016.

Puteulanus luna said:
Mister Appointment said:
Lavinda Past said:
And that proves he's good...?

No wonder he's grinning like a loon in that picture - He's a tactical know-nowt who got lucky. He's been exposed this year.

Just as you were exposed this time last year. We all know you hate him, you've hated him since before he was appointed. Wonder why.
Maybe because he and a few other posters still haven't got over mancini leaving .
It's funny that it seems to be the same few posters who couldn't find a single fault with mancini who blame Pellegrini for everything.

Need to fucking grow up a bit.

That's a bit ironic.Those certain posters couldn't find fault with a certain Mark Hughes and blamed Mancini for everything.

For the record,I am sure I am not talking out of turn when i neither myself ,Cookie or Chris hate Pellegrini-We all want him to succeed, however he has simply been found out this year. Why do fans keep blaming a world cup hangover,FFP,tiredness etc?
The results are there for all to see. We have regressed in both the prem and europe.

Didsbury Dave said:
Your link doesn't work, pal, but if you've been clicking on my name and frantically searching back on my blogs from years ago then that's amused me even more.

Please say you did. I love it when people do that. Makes me feel like Peirs Morgan being trolled by Daz The Apprentice Brickie from Dudley ;-)

Hi David

No I didn't search back, it was posted elsewhere recently and I remember having a bit of a chuckle at it

<a class="postlink" href="http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=113#.VGuLocme7wI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article ... GuLocme7wI</a>

The only resemblance you have with Piers Morgan (not Peirs) is that you both share the same limited amount of knowledge about the beautiful game, despite both shouting from the rooftops and presuming everyone is agreeing with you along the way

I'm not usually one to drag up previous posts, as I imagine I've come out with some shockers in my time. But based on your article and especially your analysis of Zaba, Boyata and Savic, you can probably understand why you can't be taken seriously :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.