Wed. 18th June - Premiership fixtures announced

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Blue Mooner said:
Does anyone really believe that these fixtures 'randomly' come out of the fixture computer?

Yes - mainly because they do, and because I'm not a conspiracy theory nutjob who sees a pro-rag agenda behind every single decision.
Personally I reckon the way the fixtures fall is an ideal opportunity to lay down a marker as to our intent, and hopefully make a better start to the campaign than we did last season, so we're not playing catch up.
But at least it gives the usual suspects a flimsy excuse should we fail to start well.

do you honestly think the fact we drew the rags, away, exactly the week end of a special munich anniversary was random? out of every permutation of which club and then home or away verses a 36 week season our game drops bang on the 6th of feb at the swamp. er yeh ok.

About as random as Clattenburg reffing our game against the dippers last year and what the betting he is the ref for the first home game of the season.

de niro said:
Blue Mooner said:
Does anyone really believe that these fixtures 'randomly' come out of the fixture computer?

Yes - mainly because they do, and because I'm not a conspiracy theory nutjob who sees a pro-rag agenda behind every single decision.
Personally I reckon the way the fixtures fall is an ideal opportunity to lay down a marker as to our intent, and hopefully make a better start to the campaign than we did last season, so we're not playing catch up.
But at least it gives the usual suspects a flimsy excuse should we fail to start well.

do you honestly think the fact we drew the rags, away, exactly the week end of a special munich anniversary was random? out of every permutation of which club and then home or away verses a 36 week season our game drops bang on the 6th of feb at the swamp. er yeh ok.

The rags requested us, we didn't object. Think it was Bernstein who confirmed this.

Clubs can make representations regarding fixtures and their timing, whether they are accepted is, I suspect, dependent on who you are.

lloydie said:
de niro said:

The rags requested us, we didn't object. Think it was Bernstein who confirmed this.

Clubs can make representations regarding fixtures and their timing, whether they are accepted is, I suspect, dependent on who you are.

so not random after all.

why would the rags ask and moreso why the fuck would we accept?

kawkav said:
Eds said:
One tough away game in April

yep, Crystal Palace always tough away

I know. We were winning 3-0 and the Bastards pulled three goals back in the final 12 minutes. Poor Luis was distraught at the end and even Stevie himself looked shellshocked. It gave "shitty" City - the Oil club that is ruining English Football the title that they didn't deserve.

Sorry posters. I thought I was a racist mickey then for a minute.

de niro said:
lloydie said:
de niro said:

so not random after all.

why would the rags ask and moreso why the fuck would we accept?

Obvious why the rags requested, more publicity, and they (rightly) claimed it was a Manchester disaster. I suspect we were between a rock and a hard place and felt it would be a PR nightmare had we refused. We should have done but didn't expect the media shitstorm we endured, we weren't very good at decision making back then, might have been Macintosh as PR then, .

11th July ?? Nightmare for trying to travel from edinburgh and book hotels!! Would imagine Liverpool home game will be the Sunday I take it?? Any thoughts??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.